Author Topic: Stinger Bore Cleaner  (Read 514 times)

Offline ctwny1

• Trade Count: (0)
Stinger Bore Cleaner
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:32:17 AM »
Got these as a gift from my son Tony and I mean to tell yea THEY WORK GREAT! Looks like a shot gun shell and operates with a primer(already in shell) Put this in your shot gun and make sure your pointing it down before you pull the trigger. A slight pop from the primer and a string comes out the other end of your barrel.

Pulling that string it cleans your barrel and oils it too and I mean to tell yea it does a great job. Works like a bore snake. Does not replace cleaning your gun but after a day of shooting this will clean your barrel out really good until you get home. Check it out for yourself. Go to: www.rhoseinc.com

Outstanding little tool. You want to get your hunting or shooting partner a gift?
Here it is.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Stinger Bore Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 03:12:50 AM »
That's a mighty expensive barrel cleaner. If you were out on an extended trip and got into some nasty weather and needed a cleaning in the worst way and didn't have proper tools with you to do it I could see it pehaps being a worthwhile thing but for routine maintenance a buck sixty a pop is quite high. From your comments I gather it is indeed a "pop" and a one time use altho the site says it will clean several times. Some how that doesn't compute in relation to your comments on how to use it.

Personally for shotgun barrels I use the fuzzy rods offered by several different companies. One pass down the barrel is about all the cleaning a really dirty barrel needs but while it's in the barrel a few extra take only a couple more seconds. I don't use oil down my shotgun barrels as a routine matter but guess there might be times it could be helpful. The fuzzy rods have an add on with them for that also. For around $20 only $4 more than the five pack of these I have a life time of barrel cleaning from it.

I will say tho if I were way out in the middle of nowhere for an extended hunt I might be more inclined to have a few of these mixed in with the ammo than the fuzzy rod so I can see a place for them under limited circumstances.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ctwny1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:00:58 AM »
Graybeard,
Posting what I did about these bore cleaners is what I found very useful and I myself liked and just though I would pass this info on to others thinking that maybe somebody else might like it. Now using the general rule that some people prefer to drive a Ford while others prefer to drive a Chevy, I have found that packing these in a pack to travel with is much easier and more convenient for me and best of all it really does the job great. I don't care what it cost as long as it does the job, and this product does it very well. If I'm going on any out of State hunting trip in which I have many times, guided or unguided the cost is up there no matter what. What's another $1.60?

Have you yourself ever tried using a Stingers? I suggest you try one and see for yourself. It's really is a nice little quick helpful tool. Don't want to argue or have any type of disagreement with you but what I prefer or might suggest to somebody and what you prefer or might suggest to anybody are two different things and we each have a right to like, dislike, agree or disagree on any product that has worked for us. That's what makes the world go round. Maybe someday we can have the pleasure of meeting one another or even hunting together and if we do.... I'll be more than happy to give you one to try out.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 06:31:56 AM »
Wasn't trying to argue just giving my take on it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:52:47 AM »
I agree with Bill, if I want to do a quick clean, I'll use a Bore Snake, I don't have to buy another one to use it each time!! ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain