Author Topic: Elite or legend  (Read 634 times)

Offline cridertj

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
  • the boys first critter
Elite or legend
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »
I was looking for a scope for a 204 I hope to be getting soon and was looking at the Bushnell scopes and was wondering what is the different in the elite and legend scopes? I will be using it for paper and probably a coyote or two what power range would you suggest? yardage will probably be between 100 and 300 yards.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Elite or legend
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »
My favorite for such use is the Elite 3200 7-21 which I think Midsouth Shooter's Supply is still selling at $358 unless they've gone up since the first of year. A Bushnell rep some while back told me the Legend is same as Elite 3200 minus the Rainguard. Some on here seem to disagree. I've not held a Legend and Elite 3200 of same power range in hand to compare but did once do some rough comparisons of specs and they seemed same to me in the ones I looked at.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline JimFromTN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 04:07:08 AM »
I agree with Greybeard.   They are the same scope except the 3200 has the rainguard.  If you can afford the rainguard, then go for the 3200.  It really works well.

As for the power range, both come in 5-15x40.  If you go out on ebay, you can find the legend for around $209 and the 3200 for $269.  Remeber one thing.  This will not be a good close range scope so if you decide to hunt with it out of a deer stand and a deer walks under you, it may take a little while to find him in your scope.  It tend to go with lower power ranges like 2-, 2.5-10, and 3-9.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 04:18:58 AM »
I have a 5 X 15 Legend and it works great. However, in addition to not having the rainguard, the Legend has a two piece tube versus the 3200's one piece tube. Some folks get all upset about the two piece tube but it sure has never been a problem for me. I feel the Legend is an excellent choice for a scope in that price range.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline cridertj

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
  • the boys first critter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »
thanks for all the info is there any place good to buy from on the net or are they all about the same price

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »
GBO sponsor Midsouth has great prices, be sure to check there first.  ;)

Tim

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline JimFromTN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 03:57:58 AM »
You need to shop around.  Prices will varying as much as $100.  Usually, ebay has the best prices unless you can find them on clearance somewhere else.  If you go the ebay route, make sure the seller has plenty of good feedback.  I've never been ripped off on ebay.