Author Topic: Weatherby MkXXII  (Read 1308 times)

Offline dan bullock

• Trade Count: (0)
Weatherby MkXXII
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:37:12 PM »
Anyone have any experence with the Weatherby MkXXII Auto  were the relieable and accurate ?

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Re: Weatherby MkXXII
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:35:44 PM »
Yes for their day.
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »
The one I had was as reliable as any semiauto I've ever fired and far more accurate than most. In fact I used it to win a lot of trophies in NRA small bore rifle silhouette matches around the state here. I have no clue how many squirrels I killed with it. I bought it in 1973 in Huntsville, AL for $160 complete with a 4x Weatherby scope. They replaced the scope twice for me when the crosshairs separated on it.

I sold it to my cousin several years ago for $300. So far as I know he still has it and the one he bought for himself in the same general time frame. Kinda regret letting it go but I wasn't using it anymore as I had gone to my Remington 541-T for most of my .22LR shooting.

I remember once I shot an entire tube full of ammo from it CCI Mini-Mag HPs into a group at around 30 yards that could easily be covered with a dime. It was one accurate rifle.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline dan bullock

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
Thanks to all

Offline Catfish

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:12:24 PM »
I had 2 very good friends that bought them in the late 60`s. Both were very accurate and and I don`t ever rember seeing eather of them jam.

Offline TRWalker

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
Accuracy and reliability of mine is similar to a Marlin Model 60 autoloader, which is very, very good. In the looks department, the Weatherby is only about 100 times better.

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »
The wife bought me one for a Christmas present in about 1977. it will shoot 1-inch groups at 50 yards. I bought my grandson one of the new Weatherby Mark XXII's (bolt action) two years ago. Not a lot of difference in either accuracy or looks.

Offline Tom C.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 03:48:18 AM »
I bought a Weatherby XXII when I graduated from high school in '66. It shot pretty well, but shot even better when I put a piece of cardboard from a match cover between the barrel and forarm at the pressure point in the forarm. For an auto it had a very nice trigger. I need to take time to bench and compare some of my .22s to see how they really do.
Tom

Offline webfoot56

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
i have one of the earlier beretta made models and it is a s beautiful as it is accurate. Would love to have a tube fed model with nice looking wood someday. These rifles are fetching high dollars on the web sites for high condition.