Author Topic: Lefty youth bolt action  (Read 339 times)

Offline Roy D

• Trade Count: (0)
Lefty youth bolt action
« on: January 25, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »
New to the board, just want to say there is a lot of knowledge on here.

My oldest son, 12, wants to upgrade to a new deer rifle. He has a NEF .243, but it's a superlight and I can't get it to shoot to where I'm comfortable.

Anyway, he wants to move up to a bolt action.308. His arms are still just a little short for a full size stock and he is left handed. I've looked through every manufacturers website I can find as well as my local FFL holders catalogs.All I can find in a L/H youth bolt is a savage. Am I missing something somewhere?

Don't take this as a knock on Savage, I owned one for years and swear by their accuracy. I am just a little surprised by the lack of options available.
NRA Life member.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: Lefty youth bolt action
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »
Have you looked through the Gray Beard Lefthand forum way down near the bottom of the list?  I was poking around with the same thoughts as my youngest is left eyed. But he's only 7 now and I have some time.  Its been a few months now but I thought I found a few other more expensive options - but finding them on the rack is another story.  I decided a youth Savage would probably be fine.  Got him a LH Savage .22 for now. I just wish lefties could choose stainless more often. Here in Alaska I've come to prefer stainless as much as possible - just makes life easier.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA