Author Topic: good gun day  (Read 667 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
good gun day
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »
went to one buddys shop and walked out with a very nice 5.5 inch super blackhawk for 200 bucks and got home and the other buddy who owns a gunshop called and said he just got in a  new dpms A4 so I bought that one too.
blue lives matter

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Re: good gun day
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:41:23 PM »
Nice Lloyd ,

Congrats ...Be sure to let us know if you need any load advice , and definately let us know your first range findings ;)

I wandered into a deal today myself while hoping a guy that had this Marlin 1894 44mag hadnt sold it yet .. Well no dice , but he had a Sprifield XD9 for out the door $360 ... Yeahhhh it just followed me home ... NO I Swear !  Least thats what i tried to tell the missus ... Yeeaahhhhh  she didnt buy it either  ;D

After thought Lloyd .. If you need to find some quantity of AR mags let me know and I'll PM ya ... Still need to get mine ordered before i make it public ..

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:19:47 AM »
im pretty well set on ar mags. I had about 15 of them and just ordered 10 more 20s and 10 more 30s on a group buy on another forum. Id like to find a coupe 5 rounders though.
blue lives matter

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:21:27 AM »
What the heck do you want 5 rounders for.  I think the 5's are a pain in the a**.  Got one with my R-15 and it is only about 2" shorter than a PMag 20!
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:24:00 AM »
I have a Triple-K 9 round that I use for the range, sometimes hunting, and as a backup if I need it....but for me everything else is 20 or 30.  But I can see having a few small mags around.

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 08:11:21 AM »
Lloyd, I think you will like that DPMS AP-4. Mine shoots great. Try some 60 gr. V-max's with a good dose of H-335, mine shoots them into 3/4", sometimes better if I'm having a good day.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »
thats the same bullet and powder combo my hbar colt just loves. It shot 3/4s of an inch with a cheap 1x4 power scope mounted on the carry handle. I always tell my buddys that gun would be scary accurate with a good scope. but i just detest optics on a2s I have other ars to scope. this one will eventually get an aimpoint and will be my blasting gun. Its cheap enough that a guy doesnt feel guilty shooting the snot out of it. The reason i want 5 round mags is our deer hunting regulations in MI only allow 5 rounds. Ive got one bushy mag thats a 20 that has a plug in it to make it a 5. Id like to pick up about 2 or 3 more if anyone knows of any.
blue lives matter

Offline Lone spur

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
Reading this made me think of a day I had a couple of months ago.

I was at the local gun store with a couple of buddies. Two of us were trying to convince the third that he HAD to have this stainless mini-14 that was on consignment because it was such a good deal. He was doing a good job fight it, so we tried to talk him into a match grade AR that was very reasonably priced (It's fun to get other people to spend thier money). That's when he looked at me and said if I bought the AR he'ld buy the mini. I couldn't do it cause we had just found out my wife was pregnant. Before we left the shop we told the owner of the store that we'ld call some other friends and have the rifles sold by the end of the day.

Well, the three of us were still hanging out at the house when my wife came home and I told her she should be proud of me for resisting temptation. She responded with "That's a good deal you should have bought it as an investment" (I love that woman). Immediately I spun around, looked at my friend and said "You're buying a mini, let's go"

Peer pressure, ain't it great!
My friends have always been there for me. They encourage me to make new mistakes instead of the same old ones.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »
If I were to come in with 2 more guns right now I would
only have acomplished 1 thing.....
I would have given my wife a choice
of which one she shot me with!  ;)
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 01:14:34 AM »
sneek em in the back door. Ive been doing it for years. My wife laughs and says she wouldnt have a clue looking in my safe if i had bought 5 new guns. I have my own bank account and she has hers. But then we dont have children together and that makes a differnce.
If I were to come in with 2 more guns right now I would
only have acomplished 1 thing.....
I would have given my wife a choice
of which one she shot me with!  ;)
blue lives matter

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 09:11:48 AM »
I was at Gander Mountain yesterday to pick up a S&W MP-15 standard I had on hold, they were getting $1200 for the gun. As they were running my background check, this guy came in to sell a Bushy XM-15 E2S with a Bushnell 3200 Firefly 3-9x40 on the handle w/ a see-through mount. Said he bought it in the fall and his girlfriend said it was her or the gun (he was making a bad choice IMO).

Anyway they offered him $750, and he looked at me and said do you want to buy it. So we walked out to the parking lot and I checked it out. Said he couldn't have any more than 150 rounds through it. Stripped it down quick and it look perfect, BCG showed hardly anything, looked a little dry though.

I'm sure I could have gotten it for $900, but since i was prepared to spend $1200 and I felt a little sorry for him having to live with such a woman. I gave him $1000.

I cleaned it from top to bottom this morning and it is in excellent shape, looks as clean as my R-15 which has less that 100 rounds through it.

I have a guy who wants the scope for $200.  Since my R-15 is set up for long range, I think this would would be better w/ a Trijicon or something.

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne