Author Topic: TRIVIA QUESTION  (Read 454 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
TRIVIA QUESTION
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:04:15 AM »
What actor played on Harvards last undefeated team?
What position did he play?
Hints: he is a good ol texas boy and member of the Texas Cowboy hall of fame.
Winner gets a do-nut and cup of coffee if you come too Deer park, Texas.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: TRIVIA QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:22:50 AM »
Tommy Lee Jones
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:44:32 AM »
No Guns is correct. Tommy Lee Jones played Tackle on the Offense.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 03:53:35 AM »
Donut shops at every corner in that texas
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:46:36 AM »
Looks like I need to pay off all you boys.
Let me know when ya'll are comin.
Serious offer.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline no guns here

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »
williamlayton,
     I appreciate the offer but you might just wanna put some twinkies in the mail.  I'm in Germany and not coming back to the US until at least the end of March.  Even then I probably won't make it south of I-20 during our journey.  Or... you could just find a really good donut shop and have one and then tell me how good it was.  I prefer chocolate covered cinnamon rolls if I can get them.  Haven't seen one in three years now.  I think I had better start tripling up on the PT before I come back.  I'm sure gonna hit the DQ, Cracker Barrel and Braum's Ice Cream hard for a couple of weeks!

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »
No guns here, where are you in Germany that you can't get the fine German pastries and ice cream?  I spent four years at Bitburg, enjoyed (most) every minute, but really enjoyed the German food and beer.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »
I'm in Stuttgart... Not that there aren't good bakeries here.  I really like the breads and rolls and such.  I'm not much on their pastries though.  Once in while I find a good one but in general I find them dry and not nearly as sweet as a good donut.  Now the beer... oh my goodness... the beer.  When I was stationed in Belgium, I was still an american beer fan.  Traditional american beer... now I have seen the light!  Dark and chewy!  That's the way its supposed to be!  I really like the Hacke-Pschorr (sp?) WeisseBeir Dunkel...  I've some Franciskaner Dunkel in the fridge that will have to be gotten rid of when I run the grill this afternoon.  The restaurants are GREAT!  I've yet to find a "bad" one.  Some aren't as good as others but most are pretty good.  The best are the grandma and grandad run ones that are at the gasthaus's.  Their ice cream, even the store bought kind is much creamier than ours.  I really like it.  It's not better, just different.  It's on 0800 and now I'm hungry and thirsty!!!

ngh
"I feared for my life!"