Author Topic: Three types of people in the world  (Read 528 times)

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Three types of people in the world
« on: February 02, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
A teacher told me once-
-There are three types of people in this world
1) people that make things happen
2)people that watch things happen
3)people that wonder what just happened
I have to add a 4th
4)people that sit behind a microphone or a monitor and criticize the people that make things happen. (just turned on the tube and caught the end of olbermans show. That guy is a piece of cow manure.)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Three types of people in the world
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 03:33:38 PM »
Actually what you saw was one of the number 1 catagory (people that make things happen) in action. He and the rest of the media sold John Q. Public, McCain and Obama, and ole John Q. couldn't take their eyes off of either one of them during the election.
Both were losers form the start, and ole John Q. took the bate.

The number 3 catagory (people that wonder what just happened), is the voting public AT LARGE, which includes both those who voted for Obama, AND those whom voted for McCain. ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »
Can it be true that the voting majority is on welfare? I was hoping for a refund this year, about 2000-3000 as I've gotten in the past- nothing has changed, I paid 11,000 in interest on my house, 10,000 in income tax, now I find out I OWE MORE TAX THIS YEAR? I AM JUST PISSED. I wish I could say what I really feel, but this is a family site.
By the way- I voted for Palin.

Offline Oldtimer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 02:00:26 AM »
Dee makes a good point.  One of my daughters had a friend who worked in television news and would not watch it himself.  He told me that they would sometimes work a story over for hours until it had the slant they wanted.  He saw the original feeds and said the finished product was not often even in the same universe as the original story.  I have noticed that stories may appear in the European press several months before they are "breaking news" on the American television networks.  A friend runs a travel agency that specializes in trips to Portugal.  On 9/11, he had friends in Portugal calling and asking about what was happening in New York a half hour before it hit the American news.  No wonder the rest of the world considers us naive.

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 03:47:06 AM »
I have long since stopped watching TV news whether it be CNN OR Fox. They are all geared for entertainment, and ALL contain a political SLANT.
I listen to SHORT WAVE Christian talk shows, with UNCENSORED NEWS. They are not regulated, are independent, and are actually interested in the TRUTH.

Offline WylieKy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »
I have long since stopped watching TV news whether it be CNN OR Fox. They are all geared for entertainment, and ALL contain a political SLANT.
I listen to SHORT WAVE Christian talk shows, with UNCENSORED NEWS. They are not regulated, are independent, and are actually interested in the TRUTH.

Dee,
I would not take anything anyone says at truth.  Even (maybe especially) Christian Talkshows.  Never allow anyone with an agenda, no matter how beneficent seeming, give you your news.  Here's what I do....I READ my news from several different sources, unrelated if possible.  I ignore any narration and try to skip anypart that seems to be emotionally charged, then I come to my OWN conclusion.  The NEWS is supposed to supply facts...somewhere along the line they realized that stories and drama sell more and the system has been broke ever since.

NEWS–noun (usually used with a singular verb) 1. a report of a recent event; intelligence; information: 

This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
I don't have a shortwave radio so I guess the best I can do is Fox, they seem to be the only one ratting out these crooked SOB's that are pulling the strings right now.

On a sidenote: With the Daschle hearings prior to his backing out. Did you notice not many of them really wanted to get after him about his tax situation too bad?
Tells me a lot of theiving Bass Turds on both sides of the aisle not wanting their own tax crap exposed.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »
Short waves are less than $150.00 at Radio Shack. They are not transmitters, only receivers.
WylieKy, it has been YEARS since I trusted ANYONE, so thanks for the warning but, your about 40 years late with it. ;)