Author Topic: Kentucky get hit with a big snow storm  (Read 564 times)

Offline Sheila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Kentucky get hit with a big snow storm
« on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:13 PM »
And not once has Obama lifted a finger  to help those people.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline ripmyfly

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Kentucky get hit with a big snow storm
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »
Worse ice storm in US history. 300,000 estimated to still be w/o power by the end of Feb. I haven't heard a thing from the executive office?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace.
We ask not your council or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains sit lightly upon you.
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Edit/Delete Message

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
I don't think "those people" want to go to his concentration camp. Breakfast is free at Denny's tomorrow though.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »
Obama's failure number 1.
[

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 03:38:34 PM »
Don't want his help. We'll take care of ourselves here.

Hank JR got it right you all know the song. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
Obama's failure number 1.

you forgot  gitmo.......oh  and that little birth certifcate thing
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 12:51:29 PM »
I just hope some of the people in this country start waking up, and see what kind of  a  person Obama is.
[

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:21 PM »
Snow storm in kentucky!!!! According to Al Gore it should be about 85 there at least with all the global warming.  Best of luck to all of you digging out from it. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 05:16:13 AM »
Just saw it on the news this morning... they are still getting hammered.
There was a lineman from the power company on the news yesterday saying that it's the worst storm damage he's ever seen there.

Spanky

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
Worst I'd ever seen. We lost power last Tuesday, got it back this past Monday evening. My yard is full of limbs, service line was ripped right off of my house. Over 700,000 initially without power in KY, still about 200,000 statewide. Some areas are going to be in the dark for at least another month. Carbon monoxide has killed several, others froze to death. Over 1,000 power poles snapped off in Muhlenberg county. The electric co said that some poles had 5 inches of ice around them. My car had 2 full inches of ice on it. In the yard and field it looked like ecicles had been dropped from the sky. It was individual blades of grass covered in 3/4- 1 in of ice. Grass the size of a pencil lead covered with ice. I thought I had another gallon of coleman fuel for the old cook stove, I didn't, do now. We have plenty of candles, kerosene lamps and kerosene, gas heat, plenty of food, and a cistern to dip water from. We had it better than a lot of folks. Took water to a neighbor that had been melting snow to drink. FEMA??? Who are they???? We don't need them, we took care of ourselves, neighbors helping neighbors. In all honesty, we aren't the right color for help from the govt. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 03:52:55 AM »
True REPUBLIC--icans.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 11:49:43 AM »
Was a pretty nasty storm.  My truck in southeast mo has 2" of sleet w/ another 2" of ice on top.  Then about 3 inches of snow on top of that.  Took a full day to get the ice off my truck.  Trees look like they have all been racked by explosives.  As elsewhere local linemen are claiming that they've never seen a storm like this.

Dunklin Co. has an estimated 6000 poles down if I heard the report correctly today... The local camping area at Wappapello Lake has opened their campground to people w/ RV's until this is over w/. 

At a warming shelter in Sikeston, MO, I heard rumors that a 13 year old girl was almost sexually abused by a "minority".  Her father stepped in and almost touched off a riot.  Other churches have turned people away because of similar actions, limiting their shelters to people w/in 10 miles.

The power went out at my house on Tuesday the 27th and was restored on the 31st at about 10:00 at night.  My mom and dad just go theirs turned on today. 

The local power Co-oP has a MASSIVE undertaking to contend with.  Though I am still pissed at them for making my parents sit in the dark for over a week when power was restored to their neighbors less than 1/4 of a mile in either direction.  But I suppose their policy is their policy...  :-\
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
Singleshot
This may make no sense and I am not offering excuses. I worked for a power co. for 25 years and thru several Hurricanses and, believe it or not, one ice storm.
The objective is too get all back on. One is first and one is last.
In the order of priority it is hospitals, medical centers, nursing facilities, etc.
The way it happens is by applying a fix to the situation that gets the most back at one time working down the line making repairs in that order.
Yes, someone may only be a transformer fuse or a line drop away from restored power and may be one of the last left hanging.
It is not that they don't know about it  -- we used too have and old saying, "when you are up too your hips in alligators you must remember that you are there to drain the swamp.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »
Some  low lifes went around posing as electric co employees asking $50 to call the truck in to turn them on, a scam of course.  When caught I hope they are shot on site. I have no tolerance for punks. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »
I'm in Kentucky.

We don't need Obama's bullchit.

We just need a Coleman lantern, a few 12 packs, and a deck of cards.

Obama needs to keep his storm troopers outta here.