Author Topic: Will we ever be able to get Primers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 550 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Will we ever be able to get Primers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
I have been waiting months for primers to show up again on Midsouth and Midway. What the hell, I just can't believe they haven't caught up to demand. In today's economy there just is no excuse for not having product if there is a demand. What is going on here. They may not be permitted to sell them soon, if all you conspiracy theorists are right.
Don't blame it on Obama because they have been out of stock since way before that jack ass. You can blame it on him in a year from now.

Pissed and denied from reloading,  >:(
Swordfish
"If it bleeds we can kill it" Dutch

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Will we ever be able to get Primers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:41:07 PM »
Try your local gun shop.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:44:45 PM »
Yes, but until people quit hording them we probably won't see them sit on the shelves long.  I've got a buddy who works at the local "big chain" store and calls me when a shipment comes in.

Before the election I usually only kept a 1000 or so on hand.  Now, I try to buy a couple of thousand every pay day.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »
Yep, I have a friend tell me early last summer to stock up.  He works at a gun shop and he had trouble getting primers.  I started last may and got my hands on the primers I use in AUGUST!!!  I got 5 thousand.  That should get me through the year.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:21 AM »
I do not know why but my local gun shop here in Kansas has always had and still does have about anything you need in stock at prices just slightly higher than the chains. That includes reloading supplies and ammo. Don't know about black rifles as they do not normally stock them anyway.
GuzziJohn

Offline Catfish

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:31:17 AM »
In a free market when a manufacture cannot manfacture all of his product that he can sell he will raise the price untill he finds the price at which he gets max. price for his product and can still seel all he can manufacture. With Uncle Sam buying so much of the small arms ammo right now there is shortages and prices are high. When Uncle slows down his buying availabkity will get better and prices will go back down some. UNLESS this new team in Washington screws up things.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:40:55 AM »
 sorry to disaggree but im not buying that [people are hoarding ammo an such bit any longer]..
 think if they could, the ammo companies would be filling the shelves with product an making zillions..the walmart clerks are buying that as they will tell you ,if you ask..what if this was hula hoops or a certain nike shoe..they would be short for mabe a month while the supplier rushed to production..then they would be easy to get..nope not fooled anymore by the companies sayin the cant make enough product..
 somethin else is in the works??
 not worrying me tho.. my new bows i bought from selling most of my guns
are silent an deadly..in somebodies hands :). i recon its time to use my doctors letter,, to get a crossbow. slim..ps wish they had more range tho :)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
I've been to a few gun shows around here.  Primers, powder, bullets, and ammo are in short supply.  Especially 223, 308, 9mm, 45acp, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54.  I have also found 8mm Mauser hunting ammo in short supply, but usually plenty of military ball.    Walmart here sells 30-06 and 270 $2 a box less than 308.  Ammo prices went up and shortages occured on the military ammo after 9-11 and especially after we invaded.  It settled out some until after the election, then the gun shows were crowded and people were buying the above ammo and components.  I waited 2 months for 7.62x54.  People are still hording.  Military guns, parts, and magazines have doubled in price, and are hard to find now.  I have found cast bullets ok, so I may get into shooting those, especially in 44mag, 45-70, and maybe used cast in my bolt guns.