Author Topic: Wayne Van Zwoll books = KILLER  (Read 924 times)

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Wayne Van Zwoll books = KILLER
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:46:15 AM »

highly recommend any book by that dude.
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline jager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Wayne Van Zwoll books = KILLER
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »
He is a great writer who really does his research. He is also a  "lanky, cross-country" runner who "has been there, done that" hunting" and "guiding" thing in the tough mountain areas of the U.S. and elsewhere. I met him at a convention several years ago and he is a  real "gentleman"  who will share his knowledge about hunting, reloading, and shooting without the arrogance of any titles or pretense (he does have a PHD). He tends to like "fixed powered" scopes and according to some of his "gun writer friends" he can shoot "uncannily" small groups with low powered scopes. I have several of his books and keep them close to my reloading bench.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:30:08 AM »
My partner and I are into long range hunting.  I bought his book "Hunters Guide To Long Range Shooting".  Found it filled with interesting information.  My partner and I were working outward on our ranging charts, and had sighted our guns in at 300 yards.  I was not happy and wanted to resight for 400 yards.  My partner kept resisting that.  In Waynes book he gives a chart, and says to sight the .338/378 Weatherby in for 400 yards.  Showed that to my partner and he finally relented.  We resighted for 400 yards and that changed everything for the better.  Now we are dead on at 100 yards and then again at 400 yards.  Now we have to do a lot less dialing at 500, 600, and on out to 1000 yards.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline WyoStillhunter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »
Great book and it never stays on the shelf for long at my house.  I keep getting it down as a reference or just to read again.  Wayne makes more sense and puts out less fluff than any current writer I can think of.  He tells it like it is in his books and even in magazine articles he demean himself just to feed the marketing trends.
Hunt close, then get closer.

Offline Bear Wallow

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »
Out of all the writers he's the best.  The next Jack O Conner ;D