Author Topic: Benchrest scope?  (Read 922 times)

Offline sebastian

• Trade Count: (0)
Benchrest scope?
« on: August 26, 2003, 09:42:57 AM »
Hi there!...
I consider to buy another scope for target/benchrest shooting. Leupold 36 is one of my choice, but i also would like to know Weaver T-36.
Somebody can help me?...i need info on how good are they and how much is the price range?.
Do you think Burris Signature 8-32x44 is a good one? I also need a scope for 3positions shooting (100 and 300meter), here in my country.
Appreciate for the helps.

Best Regards,
Sebastian.
Life is like a story, it is the "content" and not the "length" to make it good....

Offline sebastian

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 09:47:49 AM »
How about Sightron 10-40AOx42?
I need a dependable and repeatable clicks, still remain a bright and sharp image at bigest power, crosshair type reticle, and power more than 30x.
Life is like a story, it is the "content" and not the "length" to make it good....

Offline Zachary

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 10:24:53 AM »
NIGHTFORCE.

This is definately outside of the price range that you are currently looking at, but it is also 10 times the scope!

Nightforce scopes are used for 1,000 and 2,000 yard benchrest competitions, especially with the .50BMG! :eek:

Zachary

Offline Dave in WV

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 12:04:55 PM »
There are several bench rest shooters in my shooting club. All use a Leupold or Unertl scope. One related to me this year how he sends his back to Leupold at least every other year to be gone over and if I remember correct for free other than shipping. He related he hasn't had a problem with the scopes but having them checked over is added insurance for him. This man shoots and competes many times a year. Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline sebastian

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 06:40:56 AM »
Thank you Zach and Dave!
I think i will go for Nightforce...but i still need help.
Since i shoot "benchrest" and position shooting, a variable scope seems more fit to me (i can use it for two rifles with same mount). My range is ussually 100 and 300meter, so 8-32x i guess the adequate power.
Which one do you think better, the NXS series or Benchrest series?
The Benchrest series cost at around 915$ or so while the NXS cost around 1200$ or so....
What's the difference between them? What's the "small knob?" on the Benchrest series? (left side...diagonal)
Highly appreciate for the help!
Sebastian.

Offline Zachary

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 09:56:34 AM »
Sebastian,

The NXS is the top-of-the-line series from Nightforce.  The primary differences, from what I understand, is that the Benchrest series is not illuminated, while the NXS is.  I do know that the NXS is used on the big .50 BMGs.

Other than that, I really don't know the difference.  As such, the best thing to do is call Nightforce directly.  I called them once and they were very helpful - I spoke with the President who was a really nice guy.

Zachary

Offline sebastian

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 04:58:33 AM »
Zach, Thanks for your kind help!. :D
Best Regards,
Seb.

Offline Zachary

Benchrest scope?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 08:42:47 AM »
No problem.  Just let us know what you get and how you like it.  I'll be especially interested in your thoughts on Nightforce's Benchrest series (if you get it.)

Zachary