Author Topic: Dillon 650, need advice.  (Read 321 times)

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Dillon 650, need advice.
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:09:30 AM »
I recently upgraded my 550 for a 650.

My first attempt produced 700 38 special in under 50 minutes. I will like this press.

My 550 was set up for 17 different calibers. Man is that gonna be expensive at $73 per conversion kit, plus tool head, powder die, and powder check!

Where do you buy your Dillon parts, I have gotton some from Brian Enos web sight and direct from Dillon. Other than eBay and auction sights is there any other "discount" seller?

As far as the Powder check station....do you feel that it is necessary? I do like the piece of mind and will have at least two toolheads set up for it, but with the auto advance is it really necessary? What is your thought?

Thanks for any advice.

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dillon 650, need advice.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »
If you don`t run it out of powder the powder check staion is not nessary. If I need something I just call Dillon. I have picked up a few things at gun shows, but it hard to find in a hurry.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dillon 650, need advice.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:34:17 AM »
I reload standing up with a bright light over the press. I can visually check each powder charge as I insert the bullet for seating. The powder measure is easy to monitor for content as well. No problems here. It may not be impossible to get a double charge with the auto indexing, but much less likely than the 550!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,