Author Topic: Should I shoot it?  (Read 839 times)

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Should I shoot it?
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
I recently won the RMEF banquet rifle. This is a model 70, high grade with some engraving on the mag floor plate and barrel, it is chambered in .325 WSM. I've never owned any guns that I wouldn't shoot, and am in a quandry as to what I should do with this thing.

I already own a rifle quite capable of killing Elk size game. Scoping this thing with something appropriate will be a fair dent in my budget but not a deal killer. I really want to shoot it and carry it in the woods and am not that afraid to do so.

Many have warned me I would kick myself in the butt one day for shooting it. Is the value of this rifle really that high? I know of coarse that it is all in the eye of the beholder and values are an iffy thing. I would be more careful carrying this than the Tikka lite I've been using.

For what it is worth the gun is from the South Carolina factory and the serial# is under 225 and is engraved as 4xx/475, so is obviously early production after the move. So what do you think. My thoughts are to be gentle, but let it outta the box to play in the woods occasionaly.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Should I shoot it?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »
It ain't never gonna be a highly sought after collectible so either shoot it or sell it to someone who will.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Should I shoot it?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »
Well that's about all the confirmation I needed. The only thing that had me hung up was the low # due to the factory change. I've seen enough of the "commemorative" guns at about equal to normal prices to suspect what you've told me, thanks.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**