Author Topic: More money for GM?  (Read 456 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
More money for GM?
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »
Say, didn't those wily rascals at GM just get $25 billion a few months ago? Now they're back at the woodshed asking for another $30 billion. GM is not worth it. In fact, the entire "big 3" is not worth it.
Safety first

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: More money for GM?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »
Totally agree but THE PLAN is to bankrupt the country so martial law can be declared to save us from ourselves, take our guns, trash the Constitution, implement a new world order and a new currency and guess what all those super rich folks are getting BILLIONS more green backs to trade in for the new currency. How many are you gonna have to trade in?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:11 AM »
Well Bill, I would like to disagree with you in part. I just can't figure out which part. It all sound pretty much on target.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:20:36 AM »
Totally agree but THE PLAN is to bankrupt the country so martial law can be declared to save us from ourselves, take our guns, trash the Constitution, implement a new world order and a new currency and guess what all those super rich folks are getting BILLIONS more green backs to trade in for the new currency. How many are you gonna have to trade in?

+1.......
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 02:24:16 AM »
if I were to get into my secret cash stash   I could probably trade in.......6
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:48:34 AM »
What is so hard for folks to see that they need to go bankrupt so they can fix what is wrong. Don't mean we will stop making cars in America it means that we need to stop and fix the problems and then start again. These bailouts are all about Democrats protecting their Union support and have nothing to do with fixing things.

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:07:19 AM »
bilmac, it is not just about union support for the Democrats. The Republicans have stock investments in MANY COMPANIES, plus they are totally out of touch with the reality of the American people. They are the ONLY BUSINESS (government) IN THE WORLD THAT GIVES ITSELF PAY RAISES AND BENEFITS INCREASES.

McCain is a perfect example. His grand father was an Admiral in the Navy. His father was an Admiral in the Navy. He was a cinch to go to the very best of schools, live in the very best of homes, and socialize with the Washington Aristocracy from the time of his birth.
McCain HAS NEVER HAD TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT PAY, BENEFITS, AND ON AND ON. HE HAS NOT A CLUE. OBAMA IS NO DIFFERENT. HE GREW UP WITH AN ATTITUDE,AND NOW HE GETS TO EXERCISE IT NATION WIDE.

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:44 AM »
What we're really looking at here is GM and Chrysler are asking the rest of us to subsidize the salaries of the brass that run those companies as well as the workers who make better wages and benefits than a heck of a lot of taxpayers.

If it is right to put limits on bank CEOs pay who took guvmint money, then shouldn't the pay and benefits be limited for the auto makers who get guvmint aid?

I personally have very mixed feelings about these bailouts.  I realize that in truth, these auto companies and banks are too large to fail without causing major problems to our economy, but at what point do you quit bailing and let the ship sink?  The industry I worked in is in trouble too.  Why should banking and auto makers be the only ones to be kept afloat by the government?  

I'm just happy that I don't own any GM, or Chrysler stock.  
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »
magooch I agree with much of you post, however I have no mixed feelings about the bailout. I am AGAINST ALL BAIL OUTS. No one bailed me out EVER!

Has it occured to ANYONE, that the only group of folks in America, that ARE NOT being told pay cuts, and benefit cuts, and SALARY CAPS, are coming, are the POLITICIANS?

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 04:02:17 AM »
I dunno... WW3 might get Obama out of this one like WW2 did for FDR.

Guys, I know that if the Big 3 goes, its going to have a massive trickle down effect, but this is supposed to be capitalism!  The leadership and management of the Big 3 has failed. Therefor their business has failed.  GB, If your business ran out of money, will the govt bail you out?  Will the govt bail out anyone else on here that has a small business?  I think not!  

Let the Big 3 fail, other, more successful companies will take up the slack in the market and thrive due to good management and planning.  Thats the way it is supposed to work.  But if this bailout gives me more time to stock up before the collapse, I suppose I will shut up about it...  ::)
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:55:05 AM »
SSS, I made a prediction based on facts about a month ago. The Rand Corp. has been lobbying the Pentagon to EXPAND THE WAR, as the present one is not BIG ENOUGH to support their investments.

OUR NEXT CONFLICT "WILL BE" TO GO TO WAR WITH "PAKISTAN".  It has already been decided, and Obama is as we speak about to send 17,000 MORE TROOPS to place along the Pakistani border.