Author Topic: Small rifle primers.  (Read 391 times)

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Small rifle primers.
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »
I've always used WSR and Rem 7 1/2 Primers in My loads for 221 Rem Fireball, 222 Rem. 223 Rem. and 357Max.  Well I'm all but out of 7 1/2 Primers and Low on WSR's.  I found a deal on some Federal NO.205
Are the Cups thinner Or about the same? If I rework My loads starting Low will I have any problems With them? What about Slam fires in semi auto Rifles?  Thanks for any Info you can Give. 
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Small rifle primers.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:16:37 AM »
Not sure how the Federal rifle primers are constructed. Their pistol primers are the "Go To" primer for action pistol guns with light springs. Like you, that would concern me when loading for ARs. Haven't used anything other than CCI and Winchester for ARs to date. May give the Wolf primers a try if I run out of those.
Good luck!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline wncchester

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Small rifle primers.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:18 AM »
Unless you are working on the ragged edge of blowing something up, you are unlikely to see any difference.  The effect of standard small rifle primers is so small we can normally swap them around quite safely.  It MIGHT affect your accuracy but even that should be quite small.  And who knows, they may shoot even better! 

Slam fires?  No one makes a primer that is prone to slam-fire.  If you get that, it's from seating them too high.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue