Author Topic: bullet making  (Read 565 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
bullet making
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »
Today therapy was making bullets for Dom Dictator.

I got a bag of redi-mix mortar- sand and cement. I had six 12 oz. cans.  I also had a one cup aluminum measuring cup.  so I carefully measure out 72 ozs of sand and 48 ozs cement and added water.  I stirred it up real good and added more water until the mix was pourable.

I made a short funnel from the short section of 3/4 copper pipe and the 2 inch to 3/4 reducer  from the powder funnel I  made the other day.  It worked quite well.  I may make one of these funnels up just have for things like this.

Since it is only 26 degrees outside, I snuck the six pack in the back door and set by the furnace...the wife caught me and wanted to what in the....I was doing.  It seems I have a histroy of sneaking a 6 pack and getting caught...  ;D

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: bullet making
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »
     Douglas,    You remember when you wrote the last two lines of the following response to Wes's comments, don't you?

Re: How to Build a Rifling Machine.......A to Z
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »

Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Powder keg on January 08, 2007, 11:36:49 PM
I'm excited about this topic. I've never done any rifling, but would like to. You answered my first question. I was curious if you could rifil a blind hole. It will be interesting to see good photos and descriptions of the cutter. About how long does it take to cut the rifling?

As a machinist and builder I can appreciate the amount of time you have into your cannons.  Not only is there time in the actual building. But the planning and research. To get everything just right. They are under priced. Pretty much all the cannon builders here are under priced. People complain if the prices are high. Even on quality pieces like these. If they are low, people want to know what is wrong with it, and complain that the quality should have been better. It is hard to make everyone happy. You at Seacoast Artillery should be very proud of the work you are doing! Keep it up!

Wes

Wes, out of the kindness of my heart,  to help a young guy out, so you have a test bed, feel free to use my  Parrot Rifle Barrel  to learn how to rifle, gratis no charge, glad help out, think nothing of my generosity.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Douglas

Well Mike and I, out of the kindness of our hearts, to help a young retiree out, so as to promote and facilitate your continuing rehabilitation, offer you the opportunity to continue with your relaxation therapy, (draining the beer cans), and to continue your physical therapy, (making more beer can ammo), because, as we mentioned a while back, we bought CU_Cannon's POP CAN COHORN and it lies there without ammo.:'( :'(  Glad to help out with your therapy plan, gratis, no charge; think nothing of our generosity....;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards,

Tracy and Mike
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline Double D

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »
I am most willing to help you gentleman, but I do have my some standards, Beer from an aluminum can?  Gentlemen please.  Minimum from a brown bottle better from a tap...my current favorite a Red Hook IPA and neither suitable for projectiles.

Also I must remind you of the safety rules, alcohol and firearms don't mix.  I practice what I preach as you can see form my projectiles. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:24:06 AM »
Beer from an aluminum can?  Gentlemen please. 

Heaven forbid. Mine comes in a steel can with pre-engraved polygamy rifling and an aerobymamic shape...

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Double D

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 02:39:50 AM »
Good one Victor...polygamy rifling? Polygonal maybe.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:21 AM »
...polygamy rifling? Polygonal maybe.

Hic... I'll drink to..hicup...that...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes