Author Topic: Ammo.  (Read 482 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Ammo.
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:10:26 AM »
Has there been ammo shortage in other war times? Ammo is hard to get. They say they have shot one billion bullets in the middle east.

Offline hillbill

Re: Ammo.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »
right now im being told that the shortage you are seeing now is more the effect of the fear istilled in us by the actions of the current crazed administration in control of washington.last night, wall mart was out of 22 shells, im pretty sure they didnt go to the middle east. in fact the clerk called it the obama effect.i remember talking to my gpa about WW2 many times, he said almost everything was in short supply, regardless of whether yu had money to buy it or not.he did say they were far luckier than most as farmers because they had plenty of food and got more fuel rations.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 02:54:15 AM »
I called Sierra Bullet company last week and asked about the lack of local supplies.  I was told they have plenty of raw material, are working three shifts + over time and producing 3.8 million bullets per day.

They're having a great sales year.

The sierra fellow said sales have proliferated to the point of adding additional machines to meet production demand, paying overtime and possibly hiring more help.  As a result, prices will not fall and may rise as overtime adds labor cost.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline jhm

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:09:19 AM »
People who only bought a couple of boxes a yr. are now buying by the case lot, some are specgulating on them to rise in value$$ or to just have in the event of problems kinda the y2k impulse kicking in again, the same for all the increase in cost of firearms and supply.   Jim

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 11:21:20 AM »
What this is doing is screwing the rest of us. Muttonheads that what these poeple are. They should have already been stocked up.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline hillbill

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 02:42:36 PM »
agreed, but who knows how long this will last.ammo and components are at a all time high.im pretty yung at 43 but ive never seen prices go up and then drasitcally reduce.if yu have let me know. im not buying at these inflated prices but i am buying what i can cheap when i can find it.i dont blame the late comers, id jump in too if i just woke up and figgered out whats goin on.shooting as we know it may come to a end soon. just ask yur buds in the united kingdom or australia.