Author Topic: New model 70  (Read 614 times)

Offline hogwire

• Trade Count: (0)
New model 70
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:00:42 PM »
I read the new Model 70, who needs them? thread from last summer but I'm still interested in these rifles. I know some don't like a foreign company owning an American Icon like this but let me tell you I'm in the steel industry and if you think you're buying wholly owned and manufactured American products you are sadly mistaken. Just because it is advertised as an American company and American made doesn't guarantee the the steel came from America, at one time it probly didn't. Most steel companies buy their steel through the bidding process. They may buy a years worth of raw material at one time, may be American and may not be. That being said I am very interested in the new Model 70's and am wondering if they are on the market yet and I'm wondering if the prices are close to what the suggested retail is. BTW, the standard model sells for a little over 800 which is not all that unrealistic for a quality bolt gun these days. The new SS synthetic stock model looks great and I'm intrigued with their new trigger. Would love to try one. If the quality is there and accuracy also I would love to try one.
  I love America and American products but in this day and age we have allowed foreign investors and companies into our economy so much that we can never truly buy American again. I don't necessarily agree with this but I feel it has progressed to a place where we can never go back. If you want to buy American I strongly agree with your right and stong desire to do so. Just remember though that the guy that buys the import may have a more "American" product than you do. I have sold American barb wire that was made with import steel rod. We also bought tons of Russian rail steel that went into coutless American steel products. I feel you just can't be totally sure you're buying American these days.