Author Topic: MULES OR HORSES?????????  (Read 637 times)

Offline WD45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
MULES OR HORSES?????????
« on: September 11, 2003, 01:26:30 AM »
OK Gents,  Whats yer preference and why??
Although I have been around mules I have no real experience with them.
I like horses but I cant say that I prefer them over mules ... cause I never owned a mule.
Mules get a lot of bad press if ya know what I mean .... BUT .. I have seen some horses that should have been shot before they hurt some body real bad andwere then sold to some poor soul that probably had no clue and was told one of those horse people terms like ( SPIRITED ) but didnt have the latest edition of the horse traders termonoly handbook : :shock:

Offline mulerider

MULES OR HORSES?????????
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 04:28:04 PM »
There are bad mules, just like bad horses. Problem is, if you have never dealt with a good mule, you may think they are not worth the effort. My neighbor is an excellent horse trainer, but said he would have given up on my mule. He thinks she uses too much of her smarts trying to avoid learning, but I know she is totally capable, just getting through can be a challenge.
I posted most of my thoughts in another post "mules love 'em and hate em"

I would certainly get another mule, but am hopefully smarter for future training.

Offline WD45

• A Real Regular
Worth the trouble
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 03:02:03 AM »
HMMMMM mulerider,  Obviously you think theyare worth the trouble. So there has to be some advantages to be worth the trouble right ?
I have entertained the thought of getting a mule. My problem would be finding a GOOD one.

Are they good around kids ?

Can or do you  work cattle with them ?
( this would really get the goat of some people I know that cant see anything but quarter in front of horse ) I am not knocking quarter horses here just the way some people think.

What traits / conformation do I look for in a GOOD mule ?

What traits / conformation do I want to avoid ?

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate all info given  :-)