Author Topic: Painting stock affect NEF warranty?  (Read 312 times)

Offline yjfreak

• Trade Count: (0)
Painting stock affect NEF warranty?
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:41:02 AM »
First - new to the NEF world - just bought a .223 two months ago, and am already addicted.  And when shooting it at the range i had quite a few people ask me about the gun so i may have already converted others!!! 8) ;D

I have the intention to use this gun as a varmint rifle.  If i remove the stock and paint it, will it affect the warranty/ability for me to get NEF to do any further work on the gun (trigger, barrels, etc on down the road).  I also understand that i can get more stocks but being a poor college student, i don't want to have to use money for that if i don't have to :-\ 

I see this as a very very bad venture to wander into.  I see many more of these guns in my future. 

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Re: Painting stock affect NEF warranty?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:50:08 AM »
First off welcome to Handi land, If your likeing your .223 you are prolly well infected by now, Don't try and fight it just get more handies as you can, There is no known cure just treatments. ;D I don't know for positve but I cannot see painting a rifle effecting warrenty, A lot of feller paint thiers around here, The person who knows best would be calling customer service, Next place and prolly better info would be the Dali Lama of handies Quick AKA Tim.  Come often stay late. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Painting stock affect NEF warranty?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »
Welcome yjfreak! Paint never bothered Gardner, but Ilion may be another matter, that said, as Bob said, lots of gun gets painted, it shouldn't be a problem as long as the paint doesn't affect function, there have been problems with paint affecting lock up, that's in the FAQs and Help sticky in the Painting section, so be sure to spend considerable time reading the FAQs, lots of good info for Handi newbies!!  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain