Author Topic: EAA Witness 10mm  (Read 974 times)

Offline Turk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
EAA Witness 10mm
« on: December 24, 2008, 04:46:36 AM »
My wife said I should buy a new gun for Christmas (darn)  I want a 10mm but still can not bring myself to buy a Glock and have been looking at the EAA Witness your thoughts please.  Please don't try and convince me about the Glocks they're not for me.

Turk
In God I trust all others bring data.
If you know you're going to a gunfight take a rifle.
Life Member 1/50th Infantry Association (Vietnam)
Member of the 173rd Airborne Association
Life member NRA & ORPA

Offline the jigger

• Contributor
Re: EAA Witness 10mm
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:40:12 AM »
I do not have a 10mm, however, I do have a full size Witness in 45ACP and a compact in 40S&W, both steel Wonder finish. Both shoot great and are comfortable. If you have been shooting a polymer they will seem a bit heavy. I have found the weight helpful in recoil management. I have only fired about 150 rounds in each but have had no problems. I truly think the Witness is the best value in a handgun that " no one has heard of ".
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!

Offline Tiapan64

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 05:40:15 AM »
I have the EAA witness in 10mm and have had it for about 4 yrs, Love the gun, don't get to shoot it as much as I would like.  Noone in my hometown carries ammo for it, need to get some dies and reload for it, or get the kit to convert it to 40.  I qualified with it for my Conceiled Carry Permit, haven't had any problems with it except a very few stovepipe jams, but I am pretty sure it was the ammo, I used a box of really cheap American Eagle ammo and it stovepiped a few times.  With good Ammo it shoots and functions flawlessly.  Fine firearm in my opinion. Hope you enjoy. Thanks Jack D. Harvin
I love to shoot.  500 S&W Mag, 480 Ruger Taurus RB, S&W 686 Stainless, 10mm Witness.
The Great State of Texas

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 05:56:37 AM »
I have not shot a witness yet but am thinking about getting one and i don't know if you guys hve seen them but they make conversion kits for the full size and the compact witnesses they sell for about $200 each. here is the site to check them out.

http://shop.reedsammo.com/category.sc?categoryId=41

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:27:09 AM »
Don't have one , have a Glock and Colt in 10 mm. Might try to talk ya into a Colt .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Savage

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:50:06 AM »
Don't have one , have a Glock and Colt in 10 mm. Might try to talk ya into a Colt .

Saw a couple of vintage "Deltas" at the gunshow this weekend. Wayyyyyyyyy more money than I'd pay for one! I understand Colt is producing the pistol again, but haven't seen any of the newer ones. Maybe the price will be more in line with what it should be ----------------------------.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 02:52:54 AM »
By the way, my EAA in 10mm runs great. It's a pleasure to shoot due to the ergonomics. Mine is about 5-6 yrs old. Like it better than the Glock.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 03:13:22 AM »
Haven't seen or shot the EAA , would like to . Some other 1911's are out in 10 mm . The Colt is over priced at times but it is a good gun . I watched for some time to find one at a reasonable price . I hope Colt gets back into producing them at a good price , yea I know but we can dream !

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 03:19:07 AM »
Haven't owned a 10mm but have Witness in 9mm compact and .45 fullsize and both have been totally reliable and reasonably accurate. If I were in the market for a 10mm the Witness would be my first choice.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 04:10:40 AM »
well did ya get the 10 ? do ya like it ?

Offline BullyDawg19

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 03:24:50 PM »
dont forget the S&W.

Offline Turk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 04:10:50 AM »
Ended up putting the money towards a RRA Predator which I finally go two Fridays ago.  Hopefully I’ll get to shoot it this weekend.

Turk
In God I trust all others bring data.
If you know you're going to a gunfight take a rifle.
Life Member 1/50th Infantry Association (Vietnam)
Member of the 173rd Airborne Association
Life member NRA & ORPA