Author Topic: Ammunition availability  (Read 2652 times)

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ammunition availability
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »
big gun show in tulsa nex month, if its available it will be there.well maybe early on sat and not on sunday.seen it before.

Offline targshooter

• Contributor
Ammunition availability- current status
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
This is one of the best maintained listings of current ammo availability IMO.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=16

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 04:06:32 AM »
Everything is disappearing.Primers and powder are impossible to find.Now the Gov has ended the sale of GI brass which will put 6 America companies out of business.The cheap imported ammo is drying up.......I am having a hard time believeing that American civilian gun owners  could possibly buy everything . And if you haven't noticed ,All the brass the gov will no longer sell,and all the shortages have to do with ammo and components for those Evil Black Rifles. hmmmmmm
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline phalanx

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 05:54:45 AM »
The FFL i use in town called and asked me if i had ANY 380ACP at all.
I told her i had about 5 boxes  , and she wanted to buy all of them .
She said she cant find any,anywhere , And she cant sell 4 guns she has without the Ammo to shoot in them.
Do you guys think that this may be some intentional thing by Obama ?

kitchawan, Im having a Hard time with 45/70 also.
I finally had to order some Universal and trim it down , But i have been expecting this with the Large BP Cartridges.
Even my 38/55 is getting impossible to keep running.
My Brother in law is in LE ,and is fairly high up in the Texas DPS.

He has been telling me every sense 2002 that the Feds ,are testing BP weapons ,and watching the BP Market very closely.
In 2005 He had to go to the FBI Training Grounds in VA. there on one course they covered the 45/70 up against trauma plates in modern Body Armor.
The 300gr JHP ,in a Modern Smokeless Load was Devastating , It totally fragmented the plates and transfered the energy into the chest cavity of the Test Dummy causing its heart to rupture ,according to the Computer.

They also tested a BP ,Howitzer , They used everything in it  ,but the Chain shot was the one they were very interested in.
It looks like they are concerned that a Civilian Force  could very well be capable of Defending themselves.

Like the Army War Collage said , They didnt think with the Personnel and equipment they have left here now, that they could contain a Civilian Army if it were organized.
And they made the point this is not Iraq , Americans are a different breed entirely.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
Now the Gov has ended the sale of GI brass which will put 6 America companies out of business.

Not gonna happen now...

.. according to the NRA.

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 11:52:12 AM »
Thats great news. It should give us some hope for better things to come. BUT we should still be cautious .

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 02:57:39 AM »
load your own i just loaded 2300 .223s in the last two days. Heres the breakdown on price. Brass for me was free. I pick it up after the police shoot at my range. Even if you have to buy it keep in mind that you can load the same brass 5 times easily. Powder- 1 8 lb keg of wc844 which cost me about 110 bucks figuring in shipping and hazmat. Bullets-i payed 80 bucks a 1000 so figure 200 bucks. Primers ill say 50 bucks as i dont know what youll get them for and i bought them a couple years ago for much less. So ive got $360 into 2300 rounds of ammo. That breaks down to a little over 3 bucks a box. Make it 5 if you buy onced fired brass and leave it lay on the ground. Pretty much a no brainer if you want to shoot your ar much. I know at 1o-20 bucks a box for factory ammo i sure couldnt afford to shoot mine.
blue lives matter

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 06:17:29 AM »
I've been loading my own for quite some time now,but wanted to get a few rnds stocked up that could be used in situations where lost brass is not a consideration.I get most of my brass at the club I belong too. Many of the members who shoot 223  just leave it on the ground or throw it away.
 My next batch will be loaded with Win 748. I haven't been able to find any Varget around here, luckily I still have about 1000 primers.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
it is being driven by price gougers or IDIOTS if you need 1000 rds to defend your position you are going to loose that fight. if the shooting starts the survivors will be the ones that are MOBILE , those that can stick and move, you cant carry 20 guns and 10,000 rounds of ammo and be effective, odds are you won't be reloading, you'll be looking for battle field pick ups. look around if you see thousands of rounds and 50 guns waiting for society to break down you have never been shot at and dont understand how warfare works unless you are the armory for a group of people.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2009, 09:27:11 AM »
if you buy them all they won't have any .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !