Author Topic: Just wondering what everyone thought of BSA scopes??  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Coleman

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: Just wondering what everyone thought of BSA scopes??
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 03:27:32 PM »
deleted
There is nothing more important in my life than my three younguns!

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »
I had a couple of the 6-24s on rimfires & they worked okay but were real dim over 18X.  For the same price, I have had much better luck with Simmons.  My first choice would be Leupold (USA) then Nikon (Phillipines).  Had a NcStar red dot once that I had to machine the mounting apparatus just to get it to stay on the Weaver rail.
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »
BSA has their different lines of better made scope than the last. As do all scope manufactures, Ex. Leupold VX-1, VX-II, VX-III so on and so forth, one line a little step up than the last. Ok don't shoot me for putting both of these names in the same sentence ;D I have only used their "better line" of scopes and have had no real extreme problems given what rifle and caliber I put them on. The adjustments weren't very precise, and the glass either lacks clarity and brightness or the eye relief is critical, but for $100- it comes with the territory.
There are many better scope as mentioned for not much more.... Mueller being the one I point to the most here.
To each his own..

-Aaron

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 05:48:15 PM »
Kinda like the motorcycles they made. They look good but don't run for very long. Gotta love the brits.