Author Topic: Shotgun Family Photo  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Shotgun Family Photo
« on: March 22, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »
Took a picture of the line up. As you can see I'm partial to straight grip stocks.
From top to bottom:
20 Gauge Pardner SB1 with screw in choke
28 Gauge Topper SB2 MOD choke
.410 Bore Pardner Versa Pack FULL choke

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Shotgun Family Photo
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:45:17 AM »
Hmmm, BC stocks on a 28ga...I like em.   Did you make the straight stock for the 20ga or dig that up on the classified???

I LIKE'EM ALL... ;D
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline pitman_mm

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:38:57 PM »
 Love the stocks. Very nice.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »
Andy "MSPRet" was nice enough to cut that stock into a straight grip for me on the 20 gauge. The only problem is he caused me to become addicted to straight grip stocks  ;D. Even my .22 LR Sportster wears a straight grip and schnabel forend. They just "feel" right to me.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »

Those are really nice! Did you do the front end too or did you buy it like that?

I just got a .44 and I'm thinking that the only thing that keeps it from being plumb perfect is the lack of a straight stock like they put on the BC.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 01:25:44 AM »
The 20 gauge forend came like that, those used to be standard forends from NEF a few years ago. I bought that stock set here on the classifieds. The BC stocks on the 28 gauge were also bought on the classifieds. Sometimes you can also find a straight grip factory palletwood butt stock that came on the older H&R's. My .22LR Sportster wears one of those. Try posting on the WTB forum and see if you can come up with anything. Some people don't like the straight grip which is good for us  :)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
From the pics you posted, it looks as there the BC forearm is longer.  How much longer is it than a standard schnabel forearm??  Would you measure it for me please? 
Thanks

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 04:46:17 PM »
The standard forend is approx. 8 1/8" long while the BC forend is approx. 11 1/4" long so there is quite a difference.

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »

If I'm not mistaken the center one with the long forearm was taken off of a Buffalo Classic in either .45-70 or .38-55. The BC "Carbine" in .45 Colt appears to have a shorter forearm which for my tastes would be perfect.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline brennemanj83

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:37 AM »

If I'm not mistaken the center one with the long forearm was taken off of a Buffalo Classic in either .45-70 or .38-55. The BC "Carbine" in .45 Colt appears to have a shorter forearm which for my tastes would be perfect.

Rusty........you are carrect.I'm gonna be getting a 45colt BC foreend for on my 20ga that has a BC stock set on it.I think with the shorter forend it will help with balance of the shotgun.
Banned for less than honest trading practices.

Offline beebzbarn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »
hi...I was wondering if the screw hole on those forends are all at the same lenght?..cause I was going to get a new topper 12ga to use on my  classic 45 carbine...so would the 45 colt forend fit the (new) topper barrel?and...same question with a 45/70 handi barrel..?