Author Topic: Vulcan Arms V-18 ???????????  (Read 1341 times)

Offline rons

• Trade Count: (6)
Vulcan Arms V-18 ???????????
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
Anyone familiar with the Vulcan Arms V-18 ?  Searching for my first AR style rifle. Didn't like them during the Vietnam era and haven't had any interest. Went window shopping this weekend and the gunshop was pushing DPMS real hard, like a used car salesman. Seen this rifle on their shelf and asked the clerk about it. All he could do was shrug his shoulders and tried to sell me a DPMS. Thanks in advance, RonS
" healing after loss "

Offline Arier Blut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Vulcan Arms V-18 ???????????
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:54:56 AM »
Stay away from Vulcan buddy. Hesse arms has went bankrupt and opened under new names 3 times I am aware of. The Vulcan brand is Hesse's newest identity. Known for extreme problems with QC and very poor customer service. That's why they go out and change the name coming back every few years. Just do a search on Hesse arms and get the low down for yourself.
If you are looking for the cheapest quality rifles, ramble around for double star, stag arms, saber defense, charles daly and bushmaster/remington, in that order. The differences are slight attention to detail none of these are bad. I only have one BM and have no plans to get rid of it. I actually carry it as a patrol rifle.
 DPMS is good quality, but the chambers are a little tight. If you plan to shoot .223 ammo there may or may not be problems with jamming. They will cycle the 5.56 all day though.
 Most of the AR companies get all or most of their parts from the same source.  A quality company will scrap anything out of spec instead of pawning trash off to the customer. Those that don't do this usually wont last very long thankfully. Or they change the name every 2 years to try to reinvent themselves and dupe the customers. If the pickings are slim in your area you can usually pay a nominal fee to the local dealer. Just work out the details first, buy the rifle from a reputable online source and pay the local guy his fee ($25 here).
Good Luck

Offline rons

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 05:55:48 PM »
thanks for your reply Arier Blut. I've googled Vulcan Arms and has came up as Hesse and have read about the problems. This weekend we have a large machinegun shoot in town and I'll look around out there at many vendors. RonS
" healing after loss "

Offline Arier Blut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »
I remembered two more names of Hesse, Blackthorne and Joekin.

I left out Rock River they are good quality as well, I don't own one but they are popular with the high power crowd.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:31:59 AM »
 Ron,

You couldnt have been more timely with this question ... Just took a ride south through the mountains to a favorite gun shop in Hot Springs Ar.

They had two vulcan AR pistols with carbon fiber upper recievers , so what did good old Default do when he got home ??

Researched the living crap out of Vulcan .. Yup its Hesse and yup the census ( 99.9% after a good 3 hours of searching) was RUN dont walk away from their products.

No wonder that those two AR pistols were $599 even with the weapon buy as strong as it is.

Avoid um brother , isnt worth your safety lil lone your hard earned money.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline rons

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »
Thanks Default, I also spent several hours on the computer and found out the same result. Like i said earlier, I'm going to the Machien Gun Shoot this weekend. There are alot of vendors there selling various AR style rifles. Hope I can find one that i like. RonS
" healing after loss "