Author Topic: Ladder Stand Plans  (Read 876 times)

Offline WN

• Trade Count: (4)
Ladder Stand Plans
« on: August 01, 2003, 03:12:04 AM »
Would someone please direct me to where I can find plands to build a 2 person ladder stand.  My 12yr old wants to hunt this year and I thought a ladder stand would be perfect until I saw the prices.  I think I could build one a lot cheaper out of treated lumbar if I can find some plans.

Offline 01magnatec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Ladder Stand Plans
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 03:45:56 AM »

Offline brotherinlaw

Ladder Stand Plans
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 07:01:05 AM »
I don't know if you are on private or public land (most require that you remove the stand every night, but we build all of our stands out of scrap lumber and some roofing material. We build box stands that are basically a 4X8X6 approximately 10 feet off of the ground. We cut shooting windows and door then use the cut out to make a shutter and door. The boxes are carpeted to reduce noise and provide some amount of insulation. We use old roofing material, or sheet metal for the roofs. Anchor them to a tree or with cable to those mobile home anchors. Add a couple of old lawn chairs and you are redy to go. They are safe for kids and protect from the elements. You cant fall out or drop your gun. And they are fun to build-gets the kids involved. The only real cost is the 4X4s we use for legs,. although some of our stands use scaffolding. What ever you can scavenge.
The down side is that they are relatively perminent, although we do move them before each season in the back of a pick-up.

Offline Smokem

• Avid Poster
Ladder Stand Plans
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 08:26:54 AM »
I was going to try and make my own ladder stand this season. With the site you listed I will definately build one. Thanks
Gun Control = Hitting your target.