Author Topic: Catching a picture of cannon/mortar as flames leaving the tube??  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Catching a picture of cannon/mortar as flames leaving the tube??
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
I am hardly an expert user of WMM and it may not be on my work PC.  If it is, I will see what I can do; if not, I will have to wait until I get to my home PC.

Watch this space.   ;D

Step 1:  Open WMM.

Step 2:  Under Capture Video, select Import Video (this is assuming you have video files on your computer.)  Eventually the opening screen of the video will show on the right hand part of the screen with a start/stop/pause/etc. control bar.  Click the start button until the part of the video you want to manipulate approaches, then click pause.  The two middle buttons of the forward/backward group move you one frame backward or forward at a time.  Use these to get the frame you want to save.

Step 3:  Under the Tools heading at the top, select Take Picture From Preview and save the image in the folder you want to keep it.  You can also use the "camera" iconned button at the extreme right instead of the tools drop down.

That should be all you need to save frames from video files.  WMM does not work with all video types so if you are saving your own videos, try to save them in a format WMM accepts.

OK, now I'm starting to get the "hang" of the process and am anxious to get going on this little project.  Many, many thanks to all who have offered their help on this bewildering (for an old guy) project.  BLASTER (Bob in So. CO). :)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline brokenpole

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:03 AM »
You know...its bad enough that I join here and get all kinds of new ideas on how to spend money.  Now you have to go an up the anty throwing all this picture stuff into it.

Ya'll are not fair   ;)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 09:59:48 AM »
Ya'll are not fair   ;)

At least you're a good judge of character!   :D
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)