Author Topic: remington 750 carbine scope  (Read 587 times)

Offline northernbill

• Trade Count: (5)
remington 750 carbine scope
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:28:56 AM »
I have a Remington 750 carbine in .308 that is in need of a scope. This rifle will be one of my "big woods" rifles. By big woods I mean the High Peaks region of the Adirondack mountains. The shots will never be over 150 yards, and more likely between 25 and 50 yards. As I am primarily a still hunter, chances are good the shot will come quick, and more than likely at a moving target. I want to keep the scope as light as possible, and I need a large field of view. A scope that is not real critical about eye relief can make a big difference too. The scopes I am thinking about are: Leupold varix-III 1.5-5, Leupold varix-III1.75-6, an older Leupold m-8 fixed 3x, a Weaver grand slam 1.25-5, and the Cabelas alaskan guide series 1.5-5. I have no experience with any of these models but I do have several Leupold scopes and have always been very pleased with their performance.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: remington 750 carbine scope
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:50:10 AM »
I can't say anything for the scopes you mentioned, because I never owned any of them.  I would reccomend one scope that I've got though and it's a burris fullfield II 2-7 with the ballistic plex.  I think you can get it without the ballistic plex if you wanted to.  It has a good clear sight picture and isn't big or bulky.  If you ever do want to shoot farther you'll be able to use the ballistic plex without any adjustments.

Offline lester

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: remington 750 carbine scope
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »
Bill -

I have M7600 Remington carbine and hunt similar terrain in NE VT.  My rifle has had two pieces of glass on it and will soon have a third, which I think will be ideal.  At first I had a Nikon Prostaff 2x7 on it. Very nice scope, but I could not consistently pick up a jumped and running deer quick enough, even though I carried it on 2x.  Last year I put a Pentax red dot on it and loved it.  Shot a buck at 25 paces while stillhunting.  Only problem was identifying points, since it has zero magnification.  I have a Weaver 1x3 sitting on the shelf that'll be on it soon.  I think this glass will be the best of both worlds.....easy, fast target acquisition at 1x with the ability to crank it up to 3x to evaluate horns.

Lester
Lester

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my hunting and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"