Author Topic: Availability of stainless 44  (Read 659 times)

Offline schoolmaster

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
Availability of stainless 44
« on: May 03, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
After doing much reading on this forum I decided I had to have a .44 mag Marlin in stainless steel. I went to my favorite local gun shop and they didn't have any pistol caliber Marlins in stock as they had sold all of them during deer season. (recently allowed in IN.) I asked them to order one and was told they couldn't get any and did not know when their suppliers would have one! So anybody know what the problem is? Are they making them? When will they be available? I would like one to match up with my Red Hawk.

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline schoolmaster

• Contributor
Re: Availability of stainless 44
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:11:04 AM »
Got one!

Offline ELMO

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
   Schoolmaster I'm glad for you . I looked at those at several gun shows but never bought one since I already have 2 Handi rifles in .44 Mag.  Those Marlin .44 Mag in SS are nice look'n rifles, and I hope it shoots well for you.....

Offline schoolmaster

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
Thanks Elmo when I get it paid off I will post the results after i shoot it. It is pretty and costs a pretty penny too!

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:25:09 AM »
Got one!

Good for you!  Just about any 44mag is hard to find at a decent price, but the stainless 44's are even harder to find.  I bought stainless puma 44 about a year and a half ago just before the rush.  Now if I see a rifle like mine they want another $200 for it than what I paid for mine.  They're good guns, but they're getting pricey too.