Author Topic: How long is the wait?  (Read 571 times)

Offline DGrig

• Trade Count: (1)
How long is the wait?
« on: April 09, 2009, 07:31:45 AM »
Just ordered some powder and primers from MidSouth.  Thought I would get in line.  Anyone know what the expected wait is on delivery? 

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: How long is the wait?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:54:36 AM »
 Have you also checked Natchez,Powder Valley & Midwayusa.com? Natchez was pretty quick for me a few weeks ago. I know primers can be a little hard to get right now.
NRA, Veteran

Offline DGrig

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »
i have got the order in with MidSouth.  no rush for me, just wondering when i might expect delivery

Offline gwindrider1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »
I have no idea of how it will affect the retailers, but what I hear from reliable sources is that the factories are running 18 months behind and not accepting orders from distributors at this time.  Looks like it will take some time before supply gets back to normal!  (sigh)  :'( :'( :'(

Offline moosie

• Trade Count: (2)
  • 1 of 2 nice 8 pointers last year
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »
I always have used MidSouth.  I placed an order for some bullets (.308 165gr.HPBT) from Sierra on Feb. 2nd and still do not have them.  I called Sierra and asked them how much longer before they would be able to supply MidSouth and the lady told me to expect another 2 weeks at minimum.  They did get in some Sierra .357 JHPs that I asked for but still no word on the .308.   Apparently this silly rumor about guns being taken off the market and reloading supplies banned has scared enough reloaders that the companies cannot catch up.
Moosie
To fire an accurate shot means to not just hit the target, but to know where the target was hit before the bullet got there.

Offline DGrig

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 03:45:38 PM »
18 months!  Wow. 

Offline kix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »
  I recently bought a custom Mauser in .257 Bob. Can I find brass? No! Still waiting.  Kix

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 08:55:21 AM »
I have no idea of how it will affect the retailers, but what I hear from reliable sources is that the factories are running 18 months behind and not accepting orders from distributors at this time.  Looks like it will take some time before supply gets back to normal!  (sigh)  :'( :'( :'(

From an ammo producer from one of the local boards I frequent;

I talked to one of the OEM sales rep I deal with from a large ammo mfg that has been around for a long time. We got to talking the other day. We got on the subject of primers, he tells me that they make in one factory 4 million primers in one shift. They work 3 shifts, 7 days a week. He also said they have not had a positive primer inventory since '06. Now of course not all of the primers they make go on the commercial market for reloaders, but this gives you an idea of the volume of what one manufacturer makes. With this in mind it makes you think diferently about the shortage of components.