Author Topic: Tinks #69  (Read 831 times)

Offline Gregory

• Trade Count: (0)
Tinks #69
« on: September 08, 2003, 01:42:30 PM »
From the mid 80's till 1994 I would have done a testimonial to the effectiveness of Tinks #69 doe in heat buck lure.  It used to come packaged only in glass bottles.  Now it's in Walmart, in plastic bottles and I've continued to use it for the past 8 seasons.  But it doesn't work anymore!!  Has anyone elese noticed this or is Walmart only selling "seconds"?

What is the best doe in heat lure on the market today?
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Tinks #69
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 12:39:33 PM »
I used Tinks for years. Would put some cotton balls in film canisters and then pour in the Tinks.  Put one here and another one there.  I shot 5 bucks in about 7 years with their noses over one of my canisters.  But then about 8 years ago the tactic no longer seemed to work.  Did not know why but have not used much since.  I gotta wonder how many doe deer those places have to have to sell thousands of gallons of fresh "Doe in Heat" each season.  I still use some on occaision, but dont have much faith anymore.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline huntsman

• A Real Regular
Tinks #69
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 02:17:28 PM »
Gregory,

I'm definitely not an expert on lure scents, but I do know that I used Chuck Adams Super Slam Trophy Blend the last two years and deer have responded well to it. Last year a doe muzzled up to the cotton ball I had put on a sapling under my tree doped with a few drops of the stuff. (Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be a BUCK sniffing it up, but that doe was just darn curious to find out where the other doe was, I guess.) A few bucks wandered around looking for the receptive doe that wasn't there, too. The nice one I killed last year wasn't coming to it, but he was never down wind of it. I do think it works and I will keep using it. Just my two pennies' worth. 8)
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline Smokem

• Avid Poster
Tinks #69
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 08:38:01 AM »
I have used tinks #69 on and off in the past 5 years and had success 2 out of the 5 years. I think I will try something different this season.
Gun Control = Hitting your target.