Author Topic: Has everybody received their "Free Waterproof Jacket" from Bushnell?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
In December '08 I purchased a Bushnell laser rangefinder which qualified for the free jacket offer.  I mailed in all of the required materials on time and have tried to check their free offer website but it didn't and still doesn't recognize me when I input my name, address, zip code.  I haven't followed up in the past month or two as my wife was diagnosed with cancer and my attention was elsewhere.  Today I tried again - no luck on the website, and their telephone number just has a fast busy signal - as if disconnected.  Maybe I am SOL, but I sure didn't get my envelope returned.  My wife tells me the check for the handling hasn't been cashed yet either.
Does anyone have any new information on this?
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Has everybody received their "Free Waterproof Jacket" from Bushnell?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 06:19:53 AM »
CMan,

Seems Bushnell had a little problem with the company covering the rebates. The following should answer a few of your questions. Note the text that refers to your jacket:

http://www.bushnell.com/general/rebate_info.cfm

December 5, 2008.

Dear Valued Bushnell Customer,

Re: New, updated rebates and our third party processing firm.

The third party rebate processing company (Continental Promotions Group or CPG) that was responsible for processing rebate claims, premium offers and issuing mail-in-rebate checks for Bushnell branded products filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition earlier this month. The funds provided to them by Bushnell Outdoor Products (and other companies) are no longer available to satisfy the rebate checks CPG issued on behalf of Bushnell and other companies. Although we have already funded these rebates once through CPG, Bushnell is proud to stand behind our commitment to our loyal customer base by funding the checks a second time through our new rebate provider. We suggest that you should not cash the refund check you recently received for such products (dated on or before 11.26.08), as it will not clear the bank (bounce). We apologize for any inconvenience, delay or confusion this may cause. We are doing everything in our power to promptly resolve the situation.

Accordingly, we request that you take the following actions:

• If you are holding or receive a rebate check for any Bushnell branded products (including Uncle Mike’s) which is dated on or before November 26, 2008, please do not cash the check, as it will not clear the bank (bounce). A new, guaranteed check will be sent to arrive before the end of December 2008.

FOR REBATES:
• If you have not yet mailed in your rebate claim materials, please send the required information to:

ONIX 400/200 ($100 or $50 rebate)
    Bushnell Rebate Center
    Offer #493-2
    PO Box 751619
    El Paso TX 88575-1619
    (888) 326-6187
    www.web-rebates.com

Infinity Binocular ($100 rebate)
    Bushnell Rebate Center
    Offer #493-3
    PO Box 751620
    El Paso TX 88575-1620
    (888) 326-6187
    www.web-rebates.com

Scout 1000 ($50 rebate)
    Bushnell Rebate Center
    Offer #493-5
    PO Box 751622
    El Paso TX 88575-1622
    (888) 326-6187
    www.web-rebates.com

FOR PREMIUM OFFERS:
• If you have not received your backpack or jacket, in the required timeframe (6-8 weeks for the jackets/10-12 weeks for the backpack), call the toll free number below or go on-line to verify your status.

Rainguard Rain Jacket offer
    Bushnell Rebate Center
    Offer #493-4
    PO Box 751621
    El Paso TX 88575-1621
    (888) 326-6187

Excursion EX/Back Pack offer
    Bushnell Rebate Center
    Offer #493-6
    PO Box 751623
    El Paso TX 88575-1623
    (888) 326-6187

We are committed to ensuring that you receive your premium as soon as possible and that you will continue to have full confidence in Bushnell Outdoor Products.

We apologize again for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Bushnell Outdoor Products
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:21:42 AM »
Oh well, even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while!

In frustration, I tried the phone number again.  This time it worked and after the usual phone menu, I talked to a customer service lady who looked me up, found my entry, aplogized for the delay, and told me it would go out in the next day or two.  Nice lady.  I hope it happens like she said. :) :)

Skunk, I see your post as I was going to post this.  Thanks for the response sir!
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:24:15 AM »
I have not received mine and have called 3 times.. all 3 times they say call back in two weeks.
This has been going on since November 08
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Skunk

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:30:52 AM »
No problem Cement Man. I saw that you were probably on top of that info, but, I figured that it might be helpful to others who were having the same problem and might not be aware of the situation that Bushnell had with their 3rd party rebate company. Anyway, I'm pleased to hear that your jacket is on the way. I darn near bought a Bushnell during the rebate period just to get one of those jackets. ;)
Mike

Offline scootrd

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 06:36:19 AM »
This posting prompted me to call once again , Was told my Jacket was in the final stages of processing (whatever that means) and it should be sent in the next few days. Customer rep I spoke with was named Crystal (annotating her name here for  future reference)

Needless to say - I'm not holding my breath.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Skunk

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:42:06 AM »
Scootrd,

Looks like it might be a happening thing for you. At least they are acknowledging that your jacket is being processed.

Hope I'm not too early on this, but Congrats! ;)
Mike

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »
I talked to Sherry.  Well, hope we get our jackets all right.  Thanks again Skunk.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »
I have one, and I like it.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 09:32:21 AM »
Got my jacket today!  I like it too.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »
Got my jacket today!  I like it too.

Finally! Congrats, CMan. With the long wait, I'm glad that you are happy with it.
Mike

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »
Thanks Skunk.  It's very nice - good pockets too.  Now - to get out and use it! :)

Offline scootrd

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »
Jacket Finally came. Only took 5 months. 'Nuff Said.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »
Jacket Finally came. Only took 5 months. 'Nuff Said.

Congrats Scootrd!! ;)
Mike

Offline Kill'n Stick

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »
Took five months, too warm to wear it now, nice jacket anyway!   :)