Author Topic: Remingtom Model 16 in 22 Rem auto  (Read 660 times)

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Remingtom Model 16 in 22 Rem auto
« on: August 14, 2009, 02:33:02 AM »
I bought a Remington 16 at an auction this week. It is chambered for the 22 Remington auto. cartridges of the World says it is very similar to the 22 Winchester auto. Does anyone know if the round is available or if the gun will function with the Winchester round? Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Remingtom Model 16 in 22 Rem auto
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 02:45:58 AM »
[Does anyone know if the round is available] - Rarely, and usually at "collector" pricing.

[if the gun will function with the Winchester round?] - Not AFAIK.

They sure are beautiful rifles, though, Shotgunner !

I passed on a pristine example last Fall @ under $200, solely due to the ammo issue - as I badly wanted to shoot it.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »
There is one on GunBroker that is bid to $700. This one is not in perfect shape. Not a chance that there will be a run of ammo made for it, like the Winchester 22 auto round. I guess it is a larger diameter, tapered case. Too bad, it would be a fun gun to shoot. I wish that someone, Fiocci, would make this round as well as the 25 rimfire and put a lot of those old guns back in use. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Online Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »
There is .22 Win. Auto ammo out there and often not a spendy as some think, but you have to look for it often.

The Rem. Auto is harder to find, but not impossible.

Offline webfoot56

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 03:18:44 PM »
There is .22 Win. Auto ammo out there and often not a spendy as some think, but you have to look for it often.

The Rem. Auto is harder to find, but not impossible.
there is some listed on gunbroker right now--remington  auto--5 boxes with a bid of150 dollars