Author Topic: Antique Roadshow UK  (Read 594 times)

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Antique Roadshow UK
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »
I came across this video. Nice little piece. So, I thought I post it.

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OtiS418E2ps&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OtiS418E2ps&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]
If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Antique Roadshow UK
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »
Neat little video. Thankyou for finding it. $33,530.29 is a handsome chunk of change for that cannon.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »
I wish my dad had found something like that at a sale........

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »
In my dads lead soldier collection there is that exact cannon ...down to the colors . it even has that odd too tall wheel look . with two donkeys to haul it it will sit on them .

put it together and and it will 'boeing' a tiny little piece of pencil lead 6 ft or so . my dad and his friends did this at an early age . they have had 100's , battalion markings (little blue or green dots on their stands orthers with red or yellow  ,and combo colors for some spiecific reason that only my dad would know .

that donkey gun was one of my favorites .

i'v been bugging my brother to unpack the cannons for photos ......not yet

gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »

$33,530.29

If you can come up with your own carriage, we can get you into one for a whole lot less!

We may still have one or two of the 7 pounder RML tubes left, not sure, they're stored in an area that's out of sight so I'm not sure. 

Here's how we mounted one for some fun firing.  I don't think we had the sight retaining rings (aka hose clamps) tight enough when we fired it.  Obviously you don't want your sights moving when the gun recoils or hitting the target will be difficult:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Mu86f2r9E&feature=related

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
The direction of that video showed the genius of Steven Speilberg. I missed the performance of Paris Hilton, tho. I liked the sight that was on your cannon, John. I'll be saving my pennies for something besides one of those 7pdr. tubes.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »

$33,530.29

If you can come up with your own carriage, we can get you into one for a whole lot less!

Are you a participating dealer in the "Cash for Clunkers" program by chance? I've got a "powder guzzler" I'd like to trade in on a more efficient model.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 12:11:50 AM »
Are you a participating dealer in the "Cash for Clunkers" program by chance?

Yessir, youbetcha!  Although our Federal subsidy has subsided, we'll still give top trade-in values, way over any other used cannon dealer in town!  Shop and compare!  (theme song chorus)