Author Topic: 40 S&W ???  (Read 305 times)

Offline Blucollar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
40 S&W ???
« on: May 04, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
Well, I've slowly been gathering stuff to reload & I just read in one of my reloading manuals that they do not recommend reloading for Glock or similiar pistols where the feed ramp doesn't fully support the round!

I am reloading for the Smith&Wesson Sigma which I read somewhere was really close to a Glock!

If anyone knows anything about this please inform away, I'm in need of some guidance.
Blu.
EXCEPT a man be BORN AGAIN, he CANNOT see the kingdon of GOD.  John 3:3 kjv

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 40 S&W ???
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »
Can I ask what manual you are referring to? And is it just the .40 S&W they mentioned a problem with the Glock style pistols?

I have an old style Smith & Wesson Sigma SW9F that I reload for and have yet to have a problem with reloads, HP or FMJ bullets.

Bill

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:44 AM »
 I have a Gen III Glock 22 in 40 S&W. It has as much chamber support as my H&K 40. I think the less chamber support was more of an issue with earlier model Glocks. I load plated bullets at mild to mid levels & have not had any problems.
NRA, Veteran

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »
  I read that also. But, I have been relading 40S&W for my Sigma for about 5 years now and haven't had a problem yet. I have been watching carefully for any signs of trouble and haven't seen anything that makes me think it's starting to cause a problem. I have used some once fired brass from the range after the amored car guys do their qualifications and it looks better after I've reloaded it and fired it from my gun than it did coming out of theirs.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 07:26:52 AM »
If it's safe to shoot factory ammo in your pistol, it's safe to shoot properly assembled reloads.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Blucollar

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
The manual is the (Lee modern reloading second edition) and the only one I see a warning for is the 40 S&W.
It may have been some early models, I don't know anything about a Glock but the warning says---

"Do not use reloads in Glock or similar guns with chambers that do not fully support the cartridge due to the intrusion of the feed ramp."

I thought just as some of you stated, that if the ammo was loaded right, it would be fine.
Just never saw this type of warning before.

Thanks, Blu
EXCEPT a man be BORN AGAIN, he CANNOT see the kingdon of GOD.  John 3:3 kjv