Author Topic: Custom mold and alloy  (Read 417 times)

Offline Double 30

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Custom mold and alloy
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
I'd like to have a mold , or molds , made to duplicate the T/C Cheap Shot bullet ( originally a .452 240 gr smooth side all lead h.p.), but in 250 and 300 grains. I'd prefer steel for durability and wouldn't be against a 2 cavity mold casting 1 of each. Any idea who could make such a thing? Also , anyone know what alloy T/C use for the CS's? I doubt its pure. I've tried shooting various bullets in sabots that were cast of pure and they all grew fins corresponding to the slots in the sabot! Accuracy was terrible. A Lee .452 300 grain soup can grew fins that miked at .478! CS's do not sprout fins and are supposed to be comparable to the Hornady XTP's. I'll vouch for that ! They are a very fine bullet. But , things being what they are I think it wise to be able to make my own...I shoot my T/C Black Diamond XR .50 cal ALOT and a constant and economical supply of quality bullets would be nice! Plus , its a hoot to knock something over with a home cast bullet! 
Deo Vindice

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Custom mold and alloy
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 01:50:24 AM »
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Re: Custom mold and alloy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:52:23 PM »
Veral Smith Greybeard sponsor also host of the ask Veral forum right below this one.
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired