Author Topic: I spent the money and am very happy with my reloading equipment  (Read 606 times)

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
I started last fall rounding up reloading equipment! What I was rounding up was mis  match reloading equipment! The press was a Lee that  flexed when resizing so I decided on a brand new rock chucker supreme! Great move on my part! ;D! The problems I was having getting brass to fit my rifle went away after sizing on the rcbs rock chucker! I was not resizing the cases all the way with the lee press! And thanks to the people on this sight I aquired the die sets I needed for the rifles i love to shoot! I now have built a nice reloading bench and am really liking the hobby! The majority of my reloading equipment is rcbs! Still lots to learn and lots of reading to do! 1 Question :Does the manufactures of ammo reveal there powder to the public! I bullet pulled some 15 year old remington 30-06 factory rounds and was wondering what powder it might have been? I dumped the powder and only used the brass and primer after neck sizing? Thanks To everyone  Dale

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: I spent the money and am very happy with my reloading equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »
No they do not and even if they did it would mean nothing to you as it is not a cannister powder you can buy.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »
 Glad you got it under control. Sorry for your troubles with the LEE stuff. As a rule, I avoid them too. Recently, I have tried not to bad mouth them too much. RCBS is good stuff and will serve you well!!

Good luck,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bigjeepman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:27:51 PM »
Good thing you bought that RC Supreme press last year. I was in Cabela's today and saw they had the RC Supreme Master kit for $319.00! By the way ... I am an RCBS user too ...  ;D

bjm
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »
Glad you're happy with your loading equipment! The $20 Lee "C" press can't hold a candle to the Rock Chucker, bit it's still good to keep it for using an universal depriming die, or bullet puller. Having mismatched loading equipment in not necessarily a bad thing. I started loading in the 60s, picking up equipment as I could find something I could afford. Still have a pretty good mix of most of the major manufacturer's equipment in my loading room. I'm sure you'll find more stuff you need. We never get enough stuff!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Pumah25

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 04:52:08 AM »
I have had excellent luck with my Hornady stuff (press, dies, powder measures). But I own 5-6 sets of Lee dies and they seem to put out accurate bullets. I haven't tried their other stuff like presses though. Maybe I have just been lucky. The biggest problem I have had is listening to my friend that believes that if it ain't blue its crap.

Offline wncchester

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »
"I was not resizing the cases all the way with the lee press!"

And you consider that a fault of the Lee press? 
IF you still have it, try again with the die turned another eighth of a turn down.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline goodconcretecolor

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 10:13:30 PM »
Ditto wnchester. I have even loaded ammo for a Remington 742  with a Lee handpress and standard Lee dies. Said ammo functioned flawlessly and 742s ared not known for being tolerant of handloads.

Offline smith85619

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »
anybody who has some of that 'sorry, no good for nothin' LEE equipement, just ship it to me and I will dispose of it properly for you at no charge.  that includes dies, presses, whatever.  I bet Jack Niclaus could shoot a pretty decent golf score with some $40 clubs.  It's just a piece of metal, it'll do what you make it do.
If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you.

Offline wncchester

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 09:43:31 AM »
"The biggest problem I have had is listening to my friend that believes that if it ain't blue its crap."

Puma, if you friend ain't just joshing you for funs, he still has a lot of learning to do!    :)
Common sense is an uncommon virtue