Author Topic: Message has changed. What's your conspiracy theory?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline v-man

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Message from Hornady
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 11:05:13 AM »
Hey Folks, This has me really confused. We just a had a big gun show last week. Lots of ammo for sale but double and triple what it was a year or 2 ago. Limited powder and NO primers at all. The big supply houses keep advertising ammo though much is on backorder and lots of brass is hard to get. I was just in 2 Walmarts this week and no 22's or ammo of any kind except shotgun shells. I have been waiting 2 months for Hornady to send Midway 2 sets of dies I have ordered. Is this really just a case of "us" stockpiling or is there another explanation? Don't give me unfounded conspiracy babble unless it can be documented. If the Govt/Dems is behind it tell me how? I expect them to do it one day but I haven't seen or heard of any new laws or taxes pertaining to it yet. what am I missing? Who or what is really clogging the supply chain? and how have they been able to do it so successfully for over 6 months without us knowing who they are?

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 05:32:27 AM »
Well as far as I can see the demwits are behind it.  Their activities outside what the Consititution allows has driven many people to stock up for the SHTF possibilities.  No I don't see the government at this point physically stopping the ammo supply.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Cornbelt

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 04:41:18 PM »
For what it's worth, a friend working at Gander Mtn said their ammo trucks come in weekly. But their customers buy it up in 2 days. Remember the toilet-paper shortage in the '70's? Sooner or later people have to run out of money or room. With the toilet-paper, I think it was the room.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »
Unfortunately there's going to be a really long dry spell for those who make guns & ammo when the dimwits that bought too much stuff start shooting it all up.  AR-15 prices are dropping and demand has really tapered off locally.  Folks are gonna wish they had been a little more prudent when they shelled out $2000.00 for a $700.00 gun.  Dealers are gonna get stuck with a ton of overpriced stock.  I say good!  That's what you get for gouging us.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline rickt300

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »
Around here AR15's are still high and any common handgun ammo along with anything 223 is generally pretty expensive.  Believe it or not a lot of people would buy their ammo on their way to go shooting.  I also figure owning 1000 rounds of 223 and a good working AR is a smart thing right now.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 01:03:47 AM »
I think the government will outlaw them.  All stock piled ammo too.

This is simple enough to do.  They did it with full autos, shot rifles, and sawed off shotguns.

Then folks will have wasted their money.  Not very smart.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 01:31:31 AM »
Unfortunately there's going to be a really long dry spell for those who make guns & ammo when the dimwits that bought too much stuff start shooting it all up.  AR-15 prices are dropping and demand has really tapered off locally.  Folks are gonna wish they had been a little more prudent when they shelled out $2000.00 for a $700.00 gun.  Dealers are gonna get stuck with a ton of overpriced stock.  I say good!  That's what you get for gouging us.

I've been trying to avoid this thread , but I have to agree with swampman , I was at the local gun show last weekend and a guy had 1000 large rifle primers that he wanted $55 for and some of the cheap Rem .223 ammo that he was asking $35 for 20 -- I hope he chokes on the stuff --  >:(

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline rickt300

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 05:18:06 AM »
All people do when they gouge like that is make themselves look bad.  Swampman, if the government outlaws them (black rifles and ammo) will you stand against govt or just stand around till it's your turn?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 09:23:49 AM »
I am a law abiding citizen.  I've recently witnessed what happens when you resist the law.  My friend had over 30 holes in him.  He kept his gun though.  It wasn't pretty or good for his family.

I won't die for a hobby.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
Will you die for anything or nothing?  Your a nobody if you don't stand up for our Consititution.  Gun ownership to you is a hobby, tear your but off to England where you'll be appreciated, they like suck ups there.  Law abiding citizen, what if our elected president goes beyond the powers the Constitution gives government is that ok for you? Will sucking up then become your hobby?  We really don't need cowards anyway.

Offline 243dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Message has changed. What's your conspiracy theory?
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »
While I don't agree with swampman often ----he is right about the price gouging ------and let me say I'm sorry bout your friend. Rick, your a little harsh and rude but I understand your convictions. There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. If the time comes don't surrender your guns and ammo----kick in your own door and report them stolen to the police and hide them ------don't strap your gun to your side and shake your fist at a superior armed force in defiance-----play the game and weather the storm(if it comes)and live. But you don't surrender your guns--be smart and pick when too stand. Thats what I'd do if I had any guns.  ::) ;D    Dave

Offline rickt300

Re: Message has changed. What's your conspiracy theory?
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 06:09:47 AM »
Eric Holder called us a nation of cowards how harsh is that?  As to standing up to a superior force if it were not for hobby types and the sheep that many have become there would be no superior force in America than honest law abiding Americans.  If you won't stand up for your rights you don't deserve them.  If indeed Swampmans friend was standing up for his rights and was shot then it is time to stand up for him, not just feel sorry for his family.