Author Topic: Pentax Gameseeker Riflescope Sale  (Read 1203 times)

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
Pentax Gameseeker Riflescope Sale
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:32:32 AM »
any one own if so what are your reviews on the scope
I can't seem to find any spec: EYERELIEF ?
WERE ARE THEY MADE?
I was thinking in a 4x12x40mm or a 3.5x10x50MM

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Pentax Gameseeker Riflescope Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:39:31 AM »
I have the 3-9 X 40. My brother-in-law has the 3.5-10 X 50.  My wife's grandfather has the 4-12 X 40.  We all like them.  The precision plex reticle is pretty accurate with my .223.  They are clear for a cheaper scope, but I don't think they are as good as the Nikon.  So far, mine has held it's zero and has worked well.  It's on a rifle that rides in the jeep, gets knocked around, and rarely cleaned.  It still works just fine.  I think they are the best in their price range (much better than BSA or Simmons).

As for your questions: Eye relief (3-3.5". . . I think).  Made in China.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »
Not a bad scope, but the field of view is lacking IMO.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline pozoutdoors

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:56:03 PM »
For the price I think they are great!!!! But then again I don't have any high dollar scopes!!! They are clear and very accurate!!!

Offline jager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:32:15 AM »
Lonewolf - I've been checking out the same item for sale with Sportsman Warehouse. The reviews on Midway are "mixed", but most agree that "eye relief" is a problem if you are putting it on a "hard kicking" caliber. So far, I haven't found any complaints about the "optics" or duribility of it's construction.  If eye relief or "exit pupil" amount at higher powers is not a problem, I'd probably try it for the price. Heck, you can't get a comparable Simmons for the cost.  Let us know how you like it!

Offline Slowpoke Slim

• Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:14:12 AM »
I have the 4-12x scope. It's OK, not great, but it's OK. It's on my 17 hmr Contender carbine barrel. I haven't shot it much for a "field test" report. It's been to the range a couple of times and shot from a bench. It's holding zero fine (not much challenge in a rimfire, I know). The clarity is OK, until you get it up past about 9x, then it gets poor in my opinion. It's not clear all the way across the viewing area, enough so that you will notice it. It will give you a headache if you look through it for too long on it's higher power settings. I guess it depends on what your needs are?

I bought mine strictly because of the price (it was pretty cheap). I bought it online and on sale, without looking through one first. I dunno if I would have bought it if I had been able to see it in person first. It's an OK scope, don't get me wrong, especially for the price. I would say it's a step below the Nikon Prostaff scopes (I do have a couple of those), and it's definitely a step below the Nikon Buckmaster scopes. I'm not an optics snob by any means, as I have many different brands of scopes, Nikons, Burris's, Weavers, TC's, and Leupolds.

I really don't think I would put this scope on a SERIOUS big game rifle. It will probably stay on my rimfire barrel for a while. It's kind of large in size (physically I mean) for that task, but it will work for now. Probably eventually I will trade it out for a "better" scope, maybe a Nikon Buckmaster or?

Overall, I'm NOT unhappy with it.

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:19:59 AM »
Had one for about a day and sent it back, if you can get it for $50 maybe,not worth the $100 I paid.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »
I have a 1.5-5x20 gameseeker than I am well fond of.  They are an excellent buy.  PM me for a good place to buy.  I know where you can find one for almost 1/2 of what others want for the same scope.

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »
I just pick up a new sightron SI 3x9x40MM and all I can say what a scope for the price
The guy did send me the wrong cross hairs but really no big complaint ,the mil-dot is a nice set up
the price was right new $79.00
I did read a few bad reviews on eye relief but as fas as I can see more then enough 3.4 to 4.0
what sharp glass  clear as a bell

Offline jdickey

• Pro Staff Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »
any one own if so what are your reviews on the scope
I can't seem to find any spec: EYERELIEF ?
WERE ARE THEY MADE?
I was thinking in a 4x12x40mm or a 3.5x10x50MM
They are OK scopes, but I do have the Gameseeker with a 50 obj on my .50cal muzzy!  So far so good.  Check around too, there is a combo package with a pair of bino's with the scope for around $125.00!
The only easy day...was yesterday!

Offline saltydog

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 04:11:54 AM »
I have several of the scopes - IMO they are a better value than the next level up scope which is similar to the Burris Fullfield II line. I use them on rifles up to 308 WIN. Mostly I have put them on my smaller caliber rifles. Eye relief has not been notably an issue - it varies with the level of magnification you are using. The 50 mm scope is big and designed for use on a hb varmit rifle you are not carrying around. The BDC built in is a $50 to $100 add on for most scope makers and works great in the Gameseekers. You zero at 100 and with most calibers up to 400 yards the strata lines will put you on target. If you are using a mag then zero for 200. I would not recommend them as your first line battle / combat rifle but as an alternative for you casual shooting rifles I find them hard to beat.