Author Topic: I tried again  (Read 599 times)

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
I tried again
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:17:33 AM »
   I bought my new printer. Followed the instructions. Still won't print. When i hit print. This comes up on the screen.
        My music
        My pictures
         My videos
  I have tried all of the previous advice and nothing seems to work. Thanks again for all of your help.
              bobg

Offline jandbn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I tried again
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:36 AM »
With the info you gave, it sounds like a dialogue window is opening up after you select the Print button and asking you where to save the print job file to on the computer (which folder to Save in). Do you have the new printer set as your Default Printer in the Printers and Faxes folder seeing as how you had another printer previously installed (from your earlier post)? I am not very familiar with Vista so I may not be of much help. I work as a computer tech and we have less than 10 Vista computers out of the 1500 in the production environment. We won't put Vista in production because it is not "business ready". The 10 or so computers that are in the production environment are used by our Web Developers and Windows Admins. They have to regularly “fight” with the idiosyncrasies of Vista. I won't use Vista on my PC as it is such a pain. Windows XP is much easier to troubleshoot. Thus the reason for not knowing much about Vista.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: I tried again
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
 Thank you very much jandban. Don't have a clue what i did. Followed your advice and the printer works. Thanks again.    bobg