Author Topic: FFR powder?  (Read 411 times)

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
FFR powder?
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »
Has anyone heard of FFR powder?

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: FFR powder?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:32:10 AM »
Could it be FFA or FFB?

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
It's used for painting.
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 04:25:50 AM »
Now I have some free time to explain. 

"FFR Powder" is probably a code for a colour/shade/tint powder used in achieving a desired colour.

When I designed layouts for "4-colour" advertising, the client picked the shade from a chart with hundreds of tints.  Suffice it to say that the final colour would or could be a combination of the 4 basic colour powders. When I did a website, there were choices too. Paint your car, cannon carriage, house, etc. and the colour is drawn from these powders.

I believe FFR Powder is in the class of misty light blue green????  Nice for a steel gun carriage.

I've been retired from it for quite a while. I may be incorrect. I probably am but this is what the question brings to mind.

Many moons ago, I restored a classic 50s Benz and gave the hammer-head shop owner the colour. It was a deep burgundy with only a slight tint of red in the black.  I picked up the car before dawn outside his shop; drove to work; parked in the dark and went in.

I came out at lunch time to admire my car. I walked the length of the block and it wasn't there. S.O.B.! Somebody stole it already.

Wrong!  The powder code letters used were not what I had picked. Instead, he painted the car Tobacco Brown; not Burgundy. I think he had dyslexia.  I sold the car. I liked my new 55 Chevy coupe better. :P

rc 

Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »
  The person who I am asking for found out that FFR is a black powder substitutes. 

lionspaw,  when I googled FFR powder all kinds of powder coating or paint info appeared.  So now we know.  Thanks,  Dom