Author Topic: Rotary press stand:  (Read 546 times)

Offline Donna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
Rotary press stand:
« on: July 31, 2003, 07:22:09 AM »
Hello all, :D

Richard Corbin is making me a Rotary press stand so that the swaging press can be rotated up side down (180 degrees). Why? Because I like to experiment with powdered and liquid bullet cores and of course the materials would fall out in a conventional side ways or point down point-forming die presses. Yes, the powdered cores are swaged in the jacket in a core seating die but the powder will break up to some extent in the point-forming die. With a point up point forming die press this is taken care of. Why not make a press that has a point up point forming die? Money! So by rotating the press 180 degrees saves money and achieves the same results. Richard says he can make the rotary stand for $50.00. Just thought you might be interested. :wink:

Donna :roll:
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline Donna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
Rotary press stand:
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 10:28:15 PM »
Just got my Rotary press stand this week from Richard Corbin, for $50.00 I think I got a steel. Made from about 3.5 inch steel tubing and .374 inch steel plate and looks kind of like an engine stand. It places the press about 12 inches above the workbench and it can be rotated to the 90 and 180-degree positions. It is a very high quality piece of hardware. I bolted the stand to the workbench with 4 bolts and nuts and the press to the stand with 3 bolts and nuts all with washers and lock washers and the bolt and nuts are all grade 8. My swaging workbench top is two layers of 3/4 inch plywood and toped with an 1/8th inch galvanized steel plate and to further reinforce it were the press stand is there is a 12” X 12”X 1/8” galvanized steel plate on the bottom of the plywood too. That puppy is not going anywhere. :wink:

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20