Author Topic: More Latest Projects [lots of photos]  (Read 542 times)

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
More Latest Projects [lots of photos]
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:57:55 AM »
I thought I'd post a few more pictures of some of the other projects I built recently.

Here's a Medievel Bombard [soda can size]  that I built for a Museum located near Helsinki Finland.

A Handgonne barrel to a person in Finland associated with the above museum.

A golf ball size deck swivel cannon modeled after the one in the Howard k. Brown collection. page 28.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: More Latest Projects [lots of photos]
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:23:12 AM »
You're getting large (as some nowadays say), I see you've now gone "international." :)
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 07:08:04 AM »
Another couple of great cannons, Dom! Excellent job! And the Handgonne is "sweet", too! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline navygunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »
Dom,
    Congrats on the international "fame" great work as always. The swivel gun has lived up to all my expectations. Was a real treat for a school day naval presentation. Ran the kids like a parrot crew walking them thru without powder. At the conclusion of the presentation I would load and make smoke. Thanks again.

geo