Author Topic: Boys that 22lr is back in bulk  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Boys that 22lr is back in bulk
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
Ok boys that good Ol' 22lr ammo that has been so backed up and un-findable in the large quanity at local Wally worlds might be over ..

My local Wally world got in a Full pallet of Remmie 22lr 550 count for $16 and change .. Only four to a customer though "NO Exceptions"

Might be time to check your local wal-marts for 22lr

Hope you all have the same good luck as me and mine ... Thou i know i have an unfair advantage since remmies ammo plant is in local Lonoke Arkansas   

Knowing that this is a commonly sought after ammo i wanted to let you all know.

Good luck and keep that powder dry,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Boys that 22lr is back in bulk
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 02:17:51 AM »
Too many misfires with Remington (unless they have corrected the problem in the latest run) to be a first choice. I have been finding bulk Federal every now and then at WM. If the Remington was all I could get, I'd buy it tho.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 03:28:13 AM »
Thanks for the news!  As much as I've spent on components and other ammo, it only makes sense to buy another brick or two of 22lr.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 08:54:13 AM »
As much as I love Remington guns I really tend not to trust their rimfire ammo.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »
I had federal do the same thing out of a box of 50 1-3 would not fire , sometimes you could rotate the case and it would fire . the cases were two shades of brass . it was the cheap stuff .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Hmmm maybe im just having better luck with them , they tend to be quite accurate out of the ruger mk2 match ,the 10/22 and the marlin .. Think today after me and a friend burned through 300 rems or so ( probably more  ;D ) we had no failures to go bo0m

That was the bulk remmie golden 36gr hps'
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 12:29:06 AM »
Maybe when this crazy demand slows down a little they can get their rim fire priming operation worked out. Till then I'll have to stick with the Federal Bulk stuff. Too bad, Remington center fire stuff is first rate.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »
I have been buying Federal Champion LR 40 solid for $13.90 a brick of 500 every couple of weeks when I go to Birmingham.Don't know if they have a limit or not.Have been getting 3 or 4 every 2 weeks and they have always had it.....Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »
My only .22LR firearms are a Ruger Mark II 22/45, a cheap Excam SA revolver, and a Rossi break-action rifle/shotgun combo with a 22LR barrel.

Of these, only the Ruger is a semiauto and in bulk ammo it has a decided preference for the Remington "Golden Bullet." Federal bulk has jammed often enough that I don't buy it. Reminton cycles 100%, and is just as accurate.

It shoots its best with CCI Mini Mags, but they're too pricey for long days at the range. I keep a few hundred rounds for when I need to squeeze out every bit of accuracy that I can get.

The little Rossi barrel seems to put anything you feed it into the exact same group. No bigger, no smaller. It llooks like all the holes were puched with the same cookie cutter. I think you could jam small rocks in the chamber and propel them with firecrackers and it would still shoot the same group.

The Excam, well it puts them all in the general direction of the target. And it always goes bang. And bang is good. Mongo like when gun go bang...

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
Yahoo...  My wife and I had to stop by Walmart tonight for some stuff and they had the federal 550 bulk packs on the shelf for $13 and change.  There was about a dozen and I was only going to buy two until the old gentleman behind the counter said they'd be gone by noon tomorrow, so I bought three of the bulk packs.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and hopefully the shortage is slowing down.... hopefully.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 07:56:06 AM »
Went into the local wally world and they have a crap load more of the remmie 550 goldens back in .. Just and update ;)

Offline S.S.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »
My brother just bought some of this Gold Bullet stuff.
16 rounds out of a 30 round mag did not fire.
nice dent in the rim, no bang. I pulled the bullets
from the cases with my fingers.. Easily I might add.
Poor quality ammo or poor quality control.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Hemlockusa

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 05:10:03 AM »
I wonder if anyone has tried to get ahold of Remington and ask them what is going on????

I have purchased two bulk of the Remingtons,,, Had misfire's from both bricks... I know the Manager of one of the Walmarts close by.... He swapped them out for me for the Federals... No Problems there.

If I get an answer from Remington, I will post it.

Later   John

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Remington bulk has never impressed me. but I do buy it when the price is right. I deal with the misfires and jams. And when I want to rock and roll I feed my 22/45 federals. Remmy shoots good out of my Henry rifle.. Than thing could will shoot anything. Hell. I think I could chamber a peanut and shoot a squirrel.