Author Topic: Seem to have been hacked  (Read 916 times)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Seem to have been hacked
« on: January 19, 2022, 05:52:43 PM »
It seems I have been hacked and someone is putting stuff on some platforms with my name and picture. Don't know how to fix that except to put out an announcement and quit the forum. So if you see something with my name an picture after this date and time, consider it fake. Sorry to have to say good by, but seems the safest for all concerned. BY. gene

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Seem to have been hacked
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:06:07 PM »
Why don't you get with Bill instead?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 04:15:38 AM »
Yup no need to quit the forum. Just let me assign you a new password and no one can get into your account.

I gotta say tho I find it hard to believe any of us are important enough for a person with hacking skills to want to hack us personally. Rather than being hacked I'd bet it's just someone else wanting to pretend to be you for whatever reason, likely you made them mad, and so they are opening an account with your name or some such.

But just PM me or better yet e-mail me and I'll give you a new password and you'll be all set to go here. Unless you just want to leave here no reason to do over over whatever it is you think has happened. graybeard@go2gbo.com

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 07:02:24 AM »
Someone used his name and GBO avatar pic on Instagram, not really a hack, just an impersonation, he doesn't use Instagram, but a friend does who alerted Gene of the impersonation. That's the problem with sharing on the net, anyone can use any info you share, just name and location in this case, hopefully.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 07:51:54 AM »
  Gotta be some VERY SICK minds out there !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 10:34:47 AM »
I assigned you a new password and sent it to you in reply to your e-mail to me Gene. Hope all works out well.

I agree with Tim, data shared on the internet is data given to the world to use as they wish.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!