Author Topic: name of the gun  (Read 688 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
name of the gun
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:05:27 AM »
have you ever named your gun? My  Beretta Model 1934 i called my  Fascist freind, the hawes federal marshal, i called the  marshal.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: name of the gun
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »
I've only named one. I have a Polish dueling Pistol and remarkably, I call it Jamaldog  :D

Just yoking you Jamal. ;)
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »
they had a story in outdoor life about names people give to there guns.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
They had a story in outdoor life about names people give to there guns.

Jamal, I bet there are many folks on this forum who name their guns. They just haven't chimed in yet. They're probably a little shy. You know how it goes - big, burly men who have sweet little pet names for their weapons. They're just not talking. :D

I do have names for a few guns though, courtesy of the insistence from my six-year-old daughter. She thinks rifles should have names just like her dollies do. Thus, here are few:

Sally - the .308 Savage
Rusty - the .35 Whelen Remington

But I do have a Winchester Classic Sporter, .270, that I call Jack, which is named after you know who. No silly names for that rig ;)

Oh, I feel so humiliated now. :D
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:56:14 AM »
My uncle had a Mossberg 500 he called RUSTY BUTT.  It was his swamp duck gun and he used the butt end to make sure there was a place to step when we would go out into the swamp for woodduck.
I have thought of naming a gun or two but none of the names seemed to stick.  I think I have too many to keep them strait.
The only one that has is CDG.  Click Ding Giggle.  A semi scout style 22LR that we shoot CB's in and everyone that shoots it all you hear is the click of the firing pin, the ding of the bullet hitting a gong and everyone that looks at it giggles.
One of my friends has a Reminton 700 in the green stock he calls Shreck.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
An old beat up 870 called critter getter by the kids .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !