Author Topic: You can connect to your friend's PC to help  (Read 518 times)

Offline jandbn

• Trade Count: (0)
You can connect to your friend's PC to help
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
For those of you that have a high-speed type internet connection (dial-up won't work worth a hoot if at all) and would like to connect to your friend's PC or the reverse, there is a website you can use. This program comes in real handy if the a person needs help fixing their computer or what ever else you want another person to see or do. I have used it numerous times with Dad to help troubleshoot computer problems or show him how to do stuff. (He is 73 and has been using a computer for 4 years but still needs help every now and then :) I have also used the program with my son to discuss all sorts of gun related stuff. We usually view a website together on one PC so we understand what each other is talking about. That sure avoids a lot of confusion.

There is nothing to install with this program and it is secure in that a person can not connect unless authorized by the person on the other end being connnect to. Instant messaging may work to start initiating the process of connecting to one another, but a phone conversation just prior to connecting makes the whole process so much easier.

The website to go to is www.teamviewer.com. On the website, select the big green button that says "Download Now It's Free". If you want, you can download and install the Teamviewer program on your computer for ease of use in the future, but it is not necessary to install it. When selecting the "Download Now It's Free" button, you should be prompted to Run, Save, or Exit. If you don't want to install Teamviewer, select Run. Otherwise, select Save and then install as you would any other program. After you have allowed the program to run and agree with the license agreement, the Teamviewer program window will open. You will need to confer with the person you want to connect to and ask for their ID and Password. The ID and Password are randomly generated and displayed in the Teamviewer program window. The person you want to connect to has to tell you what they are. After you have entered them in the program window, just click the Connect to Partner button.

Hope somebody can put this program to good use!