Author Topic: I was very surprised!  (Read 471 times)

Offline doninva

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
I was very surprised!
« on: October 05, 2003, 08:03:44 AM »
Took a Leupold VX11 and a Burris fullfield II out at the store yesterday. I realize looking out the window does not show you everything a scope has to offer but I was very surprised when looking thru them. I could look about 200 yards up the road and I was able to read small signs with the Burris a little better than the Leupold :eek: . They were almost equal but the Burris got my vote as the brightest and clearest and the eye relief seemed about the same. I also like the euro focus adjustment on the Burris. As the Leupold is about 60.00 higher, I think the Burris will be my next sope :D . I have a Bushnell 3200 3-9X40 that is a good scope but is not as clear as the Leupold or Burris. Don

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
I was very surprised!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 09:33:08 AM »
I'm not surprised about the Burris being brighter than the Leupold VX-II, but I am surprised that it is brighter than the Elite 3200.

That notwithstanding, I have heard quite a few people complaining about certain "particles" developing over time within the Burris tube.  I own 2 Black Diamonds, and I haven't had any problems with them yet, but I am a little concerned.  On the other hand, no one has ever complained about "debris" on their Leupold scopes.

Zachary