Author Topic: impromptu range session 7mm-08 & 22 lr  (Read 229 times)

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
impromptu range session 7mm-08 & 22 lr
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »
My 8 year old daughters wanted go out back & shoot the 22lr. So the other option was yard work. We drove the truck out back & set up for shooting at 50 yards. I had 12 rounds of 7mm-08 left over from my last session. These were 139 SSTs tht didnt group all that well 1.5 at 70 yards. So just to try something .I  ran them thru the factory crimp die. First I seated the bullets  little deeper. to use the canulure. 2.77 to 2.71. Put a light crimp on them. The girls shot first. They were shooting cans at 50 yards. Maggie hit the can 2 out of 4 times She was pretty stoked ;D Melissa hit 3 out of 4 she was pretty happy about beating her sister. Now for me My groups were worse 2 inches at 50 yards >:( But I did learn something, I think ,      I changed tw0 things on these reloads the crimp &the length. Dont know which one made my groups even worse. Soooo only change one thing at a time Good news is .While looking for the 22lr ammo I found 100 winchester LR primers I didnt know I had. Not much of a rangereport I know. But Im low on primers so thats as good as it gets for now. Im gonna build a bench at 50 yards. So the girls can shoot with me
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting