Author Topic: new to this forum  (Read 882 times)

Offline kid buckskin

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
new to this forum
« on: September 12, 2009, 05:55:33 PM »
hello every body !!! i whould like to pick your brains i have an a h&r top brake pistol i bought for $ 20.00 it had a problem with hand that i knew i could fix easy enouff, i was tring to find a ser number or model number on it ,well the olny number i could find was 607 on the cylnder and one under the grip. could some body tell me is this number the ser or the model number

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: new to this form
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »
Welcome Kid! See the year of manufacture sticky, otherwise it would behoove you to post on one of the forums that B Goforth replies on to answer questions on H&R revolvers, there's a link in the H&R 999 sticky.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
Re: new to this forum
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
thank you tim

Offline blpenn66502

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »
I'm not Goforth, but the serial number is the one under the grip on the frame.  Sometimes the cylinder will have the last digits of the S/N on the back of it but for a reference point, I have a 32 H&R marked 608 on the cylinder and it doesn't match the S/N.  Older models didn't have model numbers annotated on them and the new one's IIRC had the model number on the barrel.

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
So What You AreTring to say is this pistol is old enouff to not have an ser# but new enouff to have an mod# witch happen to be on the cyl and the under side of the of the grip on the grip frame. Now if I was to try to get a already made hand from a suppler some were could I say it was # 607??

Offline blpenn66502

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:45:43 AM »
No, I was saying the serial number is the number under the frame and the number on the cylinder will sometimes match the last digits of the serial number but it is not a model number. 

If you have no model name on the revolver you have a black powder 32 made prior to 1905.  Premier and Auto-Ejecting were their two main models in 5 shot small frame and 6 shot large frame respectively IRRC.  Here is a link to one of goforth's pages that covers H&R revolvers.

http://iverjohnsoncollector.x10hosting.com/AskMe.Htm

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »
thank you blpenn that is what i needed !!!